1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and will the fact that they said it effect your vote?

Was it a male or female?

Were they a D or R?

I don't like this person that much but the fact is I am a one issue voter and this statement may be enough to get my vote but things can change in a year.

here is the quote that makes more sense than any other candidate has made so far, can you guess who said it? Were you surprised to find out who said it?

“This isn’t a gun problem, this is a mental problem,”

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHO SAID IT

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
It was Trump. And no, it's not enough to get my vote. There are other pro 2A candidates.

·
Administrator
73,072 Posts
You have to remember, even Chris Christie is pretending that he's a passionate defender of the Second Amendment right now. At least Hillary isn't lying about what she really thinks.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
"Almost" all politicians will tell you whatever they think you want to hear. Just like a car salesman. Bald face lies are no problem whatsoever for them. Just part of the game.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Trump is saying a lot of the right things, and in a very direct, entertaining, and non-PC way. However, his past statements, views, and occasional support of Dems worries me that he would cave, and make a "deal" with the Dems on more gun control laws. He loves to make deals you know, and in every deal there is compromise. We can't afford to compromise on the 2A.

·
Administrator
73,072 Posts
If Trump actually gets voted in as president I think it will say more about the current state of the country than anything else that has happened in the past few years. The guy is a circus clown, pure and simple. The fact that he's at the top of the GOP polls actually scares me, because I can't tell if it's because folks like the fact that he's shaking things up or if they actually believe he'd make a good president.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The one thing I like about Trump is that he is not an establishment politician like the other candidates. He can say what he wants because he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected to a political position after the presidential race. I don't think he will be a serious contender, but I do like a lot of the things he is saying. It makes it harder for the other candidates to be politically correct with their answers to tough questions.

I would vote for him over any Democrat and most of the Republican candidates.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The one thing I like about Trump is that he is not an establishment politician like the other candidates. He can say what he wants because he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected to a political position after the presidential race. I don't think he will be a serious contender, but I do like a lot of the things he is saying. It makes it harder for the other candidates to be politically correct with their answers to tough questions.
I hope Trump forces the other candidates to be more frank, less PC, and less beltway type politician. This shows people are fed up with the government status quo, open borders, race bating, identity politics, etc.

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
The fact that he's at the top of the GOP polls actually scares me, because I can't tell if it's because folks like the fact that he's shaking things up or if they actually believe he'd make a good president.
He's leading the polls because despite all of his theatrics, he's promulgating a message that the current administration's agenda hasn't, which is a focus on making America strong again.

Folks are fed up with politicians, regardless of their party affiliation, but especially those in the radical democratic rank and file. Trump doesn't sound like a politician, he sounds like a business man that wants to fix a broken government business model.

Folks on both sides of the isle, who aren't far leaning Republicans or Democrats, find Trump's straight talk very appealing. The real question is, will he surround himself with quality people/leaders if elected? We're at a point right now whereby our country is so screwed up, that it's going to take what would appear to sound like radical solutions, just to fix the reality of our current radical problems.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If Trump actually gets voted in as president I think it will say more about the current state of the country than anything else that has happened in the past few years. The guy is a circus clown, pure and simple. The fact that he's at the top of the GOP polls actually scares me, because I can't tell if it's because folks like the fact that he's shaking things up or if they actually believe he'd make a good president.
Here's why Trump is doing well: he's saying things that are on a lot of people's minds that aren't being said by anyone else in the mainstream. People are sick and tired of the slavery of political correctness, gun control, radical feminism, open borders, and a sorry excuse for a president who goes around the world apologizing for the USA as if our existence is the worst crime against humanity.

You know what else we're fed up with? So-called "Republicans" like John Boener and Mitch McConnell who live to kiss Obama's ass and give him anything he wants. We voted them in last November to stop some of this crap and what have they done? Knuckled under. That's what.

Is Trump a sideshow? He very well may be. But the support he's getting is very telling.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
He's leading the poles because despite all of his theatrics, he's promulgating a message that the current administration's agenda hasn't, which is a focus on making America strong again.

Folks are fed up with politicians, regardless of their party affiliation, but especially those in the radical democratic rank and file. Trump doesn't sound like a politician, he sounds like a business man that wants to fix a broken government business model.

Folks on both sides of the isle, who aren't far leaning Republicans or Democrats, find Trump's straight talk very appealing. The real question is, will he surround himself with quality people/leaders if elected? We're at a point right now whereby our country is so screwed up, that it's going to take what would appear to sound like radical solutions, just to fix the reality of our current radical problems.
Exactly. We voted a bunch of new Republicans into office, and in no time at all they conveniently forgot why they were elected and started talking out of both sides of their mouth and doing nothing.
L.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm a fan of Trump because he is not afraid to say what should have been said many years ago. Hurt feelings aren't necessarily a bad thing. Good folks tend to take criticism as motivation, not the world needs to change so that "I" feel better. I am fed up with people that have never been told "no" their entire lives pitching fits over this or over that.

Putin needs to be put in check, not engaged in a Twitter style war of words. Assad needs to be dealt with...Trump will at least make people like this think twice. If I'm the bully on the playground and I know the authority figure isn't really going to punish me, guess what... As soon as I am challenged, my stature, confidence, and oomph are significantly reduced and I am relegated to the small person I started as.

Trump is likely not the "saving grace" but I do think that his style would at least start the ship turning back in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Exactly. We voted a bunch of new Republicans into office, and in no time at all they conveniently forgot why they were elected and started talking out of both sides of their mouth and doing nothing.
L.
+1

I find it laughable that the Democrats are saying what Trump wants to accomplish is impossible. At least he is talking about the subjects that need addressing in this county and I'd rather have a candidate to try and tackle the impossible rather than worry about politically correct verbiage and we continue to go down the tube.

·
Registered
405 Posts
About a year early for this.
I disagree. The conversation should always be ongoing. The get elected and not be accountable for another 4 or 6 years is ridiculous. As mentioned before, folks get elected and immediately become part of the establishment. If conversations were ongoing, maybe politicians would ride the wave that delivered them...

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
3,970 Posts
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

If both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

If all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ..

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Most of the Republican candidates are rock-solid supporters of the 2A.

As one example, did ANY of the current candidates do more than Ted Cruz to defeat the Senate (Diane Feinstein) anti-gun bills in April 2013?

I think not.

Cruz argued with raw logic per Constitutional law, rather than more emotion-based reasoning. This is what has a better chance of working. More emotional/belief-oriented approaches do great with those who already believe. But rock solid legal and Constitutional based arguments are more likely to win a vote in Congress.

I'm just watching to see how it all unfolds. Ben Carson has made strong statements in support of the 2A, based on the Constitution as the foundation, and I believe that he could capture a lot of votes in a General Election that would otherwise go towards the Dem nominee.

If the objective is to win the General Election (rather than ignite the enthusiasm of a conservative sub-group that cannot, by itself, carry the General Election), then we need to look at the big picture, including those voters to the left side of most of our thinking.

I'm cautiously optimistic that whoever winds up on top of the Republican candidates will be able to roll over Hillary Clinton ... or her "replacement".

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Most of the Republican candidates are rock-solid supporters of the 2A.
Sure. But anyone that thinks gun laws are the biggest issue in our nation has severe tunnel vision. Without reining in out of control government spending and solving the problem of tens of millions of illegal immigrants, we're essentially doomed.
L.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Sure. But anyone that thinks gun laws are the biggest issue in our nation has severe tunnel vision. Without reining in out of control government spending and solving the problem of tens of millions of illegal immigrants, we're essentially doomed.
L.
The other issues are indeed important. Agreed. But the thread will quickly be locked, per Forum rules, if we take the discussion away from the 2A to instead discuss the general government spending and immigration issues you cite.

Those who are regulars in this sub-forum know this quite well.

Thus my focus on the 2A positions of the candidates, and the concept of a strong pro-2A nominee winning the General Election.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts