1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Kimber has there own rubber grips that look just like the wood checkered you currently have on. You can also order grips from Hogue or Pachmyar on rubber wrap-a-rounds. Now if you want to go micarta get a set of Gunners, they are quite popular. Lots of choices available. Here's a pic with the Kimber rubber grips on my TLE/RL II

RC

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pearce makes some rubber grips that are similar to the factory ones but they are contoured to fit your hand. They get a little thinner near the area of the mag catch to enable you to get to the mag catch easier and they also feel better in your hand. They are cheep and I use them on all my competition 1911's. Not a big investment to give them a try. Here is the Brownell's part number.

092-100-011
1911 Auto Grip Panels

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hogue Finger Grip Wrap-A-Rounds

I have the Hogue's on both my 45 SS Target II and 22LR SS Target. Very happy with them. Even on a hot & muggy summer day there's no slip and your hand is always in the same place, one less thing you have to worry about getting right every time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those stock grips on your new Eclipse are intriguing to me. Eclipses are supposed come grips shaped just like that, but dyed black very deep into the wood panels. That's the first Eclipse I have ever seen not come with those black grips.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey Tagroup

I've got a set of Kimber rubberized grips (like on Stinger1's SS TLE) sitting here all lonely looking for a home. If ya want them PM me an address and I'll drop them in the mail to ya.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm a fan of the Hogue rubber wrap-around finger grooved grips. I have them on all 3 of my guns and love them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts