1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Brand of shooting glasses that is better than others (in your opinion) that you really like?

How about color? Does one color enhance being able to see a target?

This would be use mostly for bright sunny days, with some evening/night shoots thrown in.

Help. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stinky Taters

· Registered
2,484 Posts
I have 2 pair of Wiley-X, one clear, and the other smoke for bright days. I tried the interchangible lens version, but the lenses had a tendancy to fall out. My local dealer gave me a complete refund, which I used to buy the other two pair.

· Registered
939 Posts
Hi

What's the usual price on the Rudy project glasses? I currently buy Radian's Revelations for Bullseye for $6.00 from Safetyglasses.com. I buy ten at a time and toss when I scratch them. I don't like Oakley's since the Frame and ear muffs don't work well together. Looks like Rudy's have the same problem.

Mike

· Registered
223 Posts
I've worn Orange Spy's for the last 3 years. In fact just about all the time (shooting, driving, fishing, sitting around outside or messing with my car) I'm wearing them.

They are polarized and can even be worn at night when you sick of people's highbeams.

They were about $120, but man have they been worth it.

· Registered
3,088 Posts
I use a pair of Rudy Projects with two sets of prescription eyeglass inserts. One set has my distance prescription, which is great for shotgun sports, and the other has my bifocal near prescription, which is good for handgun shooting.

· Registered
103 Posts
On the high end Oakley or Rudy Project are simply great. Oakley makes a shooting specific lense, I think it's the G-26.

A little bit lower, but still more than $6 is the Smith Slider series, you get 3 interchangable lenses for between $80-100. The lense quality isn't quite as good as Oakley but much better than standard safety glasses. I use an old set of these from my mountain biking days and they do well.

· Banned
1,870 Posts
I have a few pairs of sub-$10 glasses in various colors - clear, yellow, orange, smoke. I prefer the yellow or orange as they tend to increase contrast and sharpen up details. I have used the expensive stuff before, but found no discernable advantage in quality or clarity for me. I do not have any issues with my eyes at the current time, nor require prescription eyewear though.

· Registered
30 Posts
Shooting glasses and accessories

hey folks.
I picked up a couple of Kimpro Tac mags(love 'em) I have my factory 2 SA mags for my SA 5" loaded. I have my kytec holster.
Other than mag holders, I just need glasses.

What glasses do you recommend? Where can I get them? Can I buy any without ordering everything? What other accessories do I need?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.