1911Forum banner

What should I look to pay for a Colt Delta 10mm

1178 8
I am looking on GA at 3 models:
1) Delta Elite Gold Cup
2) Delta Elite, Lew Horton Special Edition (w/ Ed Brown beavertail, ambi safety, Novaks and commander hammer)
3) Delta Elite (standard)

All stainless and in ~98% condition (according to the advertisers)

Many thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
727 Posts
Pay???

mpardun said:
I am looking on GA at 3 models:
1) Delta Elite Gold Cup
2) Delta Elite, Lew Horton Special Edition (w/ Ed Brown beavertail, ambi safety, Novaks and commander hammer)
3) Delta Elite (standard)

All stainless and in ~98% condition (according to the advertisers)

Many thanks
The problem is you like uncommon Colt guns. The DEGC could go for $1000 or more depending on the buyer. I was (seriiously) offered a blank check for mine, and I passed. Someday I may want to kick myself someday but with people giving up 3x that much for "custom" 1911's I don't think that the market is soft for GEGC's, or will it ever be.

I've seen re-blued Delta Elites going for $750 and they got it. Rusty worn ones for nearly as much.

Regards,

Gary

· Premium Member
1,223 Posts
gnappi said:
The problem is you like uncommon Colt guns. The DEGC could go for $1000 or more depending on the buyer. I was (seriiously) offered a blank check for mine, and I passed. Someday I may want to kick myself someday but with people giving up 3x that much for "custom" 1911's I don't think that the market is soft for GEGC's, or will it ever be.

I've seen re-blued Delta Elites going for $750 and they got it. Rusty worn ones for nearly as much.
My friend and I have found some really great buys here locally on some DE's. I bought a NIB SS DEGC for well under $1000, and a 99%SS DE and a NIB blue one. My shooting partner got a great deal on a Blue one and a SSDE also. I would suggest you look around before you buy from GA. :)

· Registered
70 Posts
larry starling said:
My friend and I have found some really great buys here locally on some DE's. I bought a NIB SS DEGC for well under $1000, and a 99%SS DE and a NIB blue one. My shooting partner got a great deal on a Blue one and a SSDE also. I would suggest you look around before you buy from GA. :)

Where in NC are you finding these deals?

Thanks
cc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.