1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
A single point on a .308 will get tiring real quick.

Check out TIS slings, RAS slings, Savvy Sniper or if your a tradionalist and want a marksmans loop you cant beat a Ron Brown M1907.

It really depends on what you want to use the rifle for.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Bungee in a sling is just about useless. Good way to do a cup check or bash your chin with the butt of the rifle. Personally everything I have is 2 point, good for shooting and retention.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Kyle Lamb's V Tac (www.vikingtactics.com )padded sling gives you some great versatility. You can install a 2+1 fitting and go from a 2 point to a single point. I have them on, well just about everything, AR, 5.56; 6.8 and my shotguns.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Hmmm. Type of sling is up to you. Lot's hype out there. Free market economy you know.

I like two point. If I'm moving, one point leaves carbine hanging between my legs, not good.

If your AR is set up properly, you should be able to configure any way that suits your needs.
I have attachment points everywhere. Well, almost everywhere.:)

Buy a sling that is adaptable.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I pretty much use VCAS slings exclusively, the only thing that changes is where I attach them. I'd also happily use VTAC slings or the new one Jason Falla will be releasing.

General purpose rifles and my REPR/SCAR H, I attach the front around the barrel nut and the rear on the opposite side (starboard) of the stock. I tried running the front out farther but never really cared for it.

For vehicles and close quarters where I used to run a single point, I attach the front the same as above but the rear at the end plate. This allows high ready, high port, compressed reloads, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If one were to choose the Viking Tactics Wide Padded Sling would the upgraded version be worth the extra few dollars? It seems to have metal hardware.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Kyle Lamb's V Tac (www.vikingtactics.com )padded sling gives you some great versatility. You can install a 2+1 fitting and go from a 2 point to a single point. I have them on, well just about everything, AR, 5.56; 6.8 and my shotguns.
Absolutely great sling. I got one even though I own nothing at home that can use it. I bought it for my those times I draw a weapon during AT ect. Very comfortable, light years better than the crappy gi web sling, or a DIY 550 cord job. Love the instant adjustability.

I got mine straight from Vtac w/ a fixed stock adaptor

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Blue Force padded are great. I also like TIS quick-cuff slings for bolt guns. The Armageddon Gear sling is also a good option when using a sling like a sling and not just a carrying strap.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'm happy with either VCAS or VTAC, though I currently only use the VCAS slings. I used to run the padded version on my 308's, but other than that, I prefer the standard versions.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I put a Turner 1907 sling on mine. It's not tacti-cool, but it's effective, comfortable, and a fashionable black. It sticks pretty well carried muzzle-down on my left shoulder, and makes into a hasty sling in one smooth motion.

I gave up on web "tactical" slings, with many clips, buckles that don't hold, and incomprehensible instructions. Besides, all they do is support the weapon (after a fashion), and contribute nothing to actually shooting. The same with thigh holsters.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My VTAC does not seem to have enough adjustment (the quick adjust)
It might just be my particular body shape, but I don't know. Can anyone who has had both the VTAC and the Blue Force Vickers comment on whether the Vickers has more quick-adjust range than the VTAC?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I gave up on web "tactical" slings, with many clips, buckles that don't hold, and incomprehensible instructions. Besides, all they do is support the weapon (after a fashion), and contribute nothing to actually shooting.
They actually can be a very valuable asset when shooting. Barricades are an example that comes to mind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the VTAC sling. The way you can quickly adjust it is great. When shooting offhand you can cinch it down and stabilize the rifle very fast and easy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts