1911Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am consolidating my life and gear, focusing on standard platforms and getting my life ready for whatever. I am not a hardcore, live in a bunker kind of prepper but trying to be in a better place than I've ever been and more prepared for general crap than I've ever been.

I sold myself out of the Glock platform and lets say I have $500 I could realistically spend on anything without ramification, but would like to put it towards something useful/prep related. I'm not just starting out, but as all of us do, have room to grow.

So let's assume I have the following things:
6 gas cans full of gas (nato cans, rotated)
inverter generator
6+ months emergency cash
retirement accounts
quality rifles/pistols/shotguns/associate gear
some PMs (silver, saving for my first real Gold)
DD/BOV land cruiser prado
400+ gallons water with collection in place
30+ days food (live in suburbs, can't plant/grow)
gym membership since I'm learning fitness is super important
medical training and supplies.
22s, suppressor, truck guns, safe depost box with emergency back up paperwork and crap
pistol reloading set up and 5k+ rounds of supplies

so with that, what would you all suggest I focus on or start thinking about? I DON'T have:
night vision
centerfire suppressor
ton of space

Could always use:
more ammo?
gun stuff?
Gas?
food?
optics stuff?
If that's all you have, forget it, you're F&%[email protected]

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
You mention your physical condition is something you are working to improve. For what ever $500 will buy you, explore learning some physical hand to hand combat skills. Sometimes this is the last resort...and sometimes it might be your first line of defense. Learn the most vulnerable points of the human body and how to injure them with the most efficiency using just you body as your only weapons.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Since you're in suburbia, what about physically hardening your home?
A Security door, or better locks
CCTV system
Motion sensor activated exterior lighting
A pooch

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you really can't decide, how about giving it to St. Jude Children Research Hospital? It's just a suggestion that you will feel good about.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
updated... since the original post we've upped food stores, water, have a garden, and got more ammo and training. Also picked up night vision, rifle plates, plate carrier, and some other goodies. what a difference a year makes.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
updated... since the original post we've upped food stores, water, have a garden, and got more ammo and training. Also picked up night vision, rifle plates, plate carrier, and some other goodies. what a difference a year makes.
"food stores"...pffft. THIS is why you dont have your STI. 😉

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
turn that $500 into a stack of $5s and $10s and stash it in the safe.

Small bills are handy and the ATMs will quit working immediately.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts