1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am thinking about getting the front strap checkered and the MSH done to match with a magwell. Thats gonna mean refinishing.

Right now the Gun is black over black, and I think it looks really sharp. But I was also thinkng of getting the reciver done in OD green and the slide done in Robar nickle teflon NP3 like the pistol below. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Honestly that color scheme doesn't do it for me because it clashes in contrast and idea. I prefer the the olive frame and black slide wich has more of a "field look" about it. I do like a nickel slide on a black frame with wood grips though, that looks sharp....

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
can't see 'em when I'm shootin' 'em.......

My all-custom Caspian 1911 is all NP3; IMO&E the finest all-around serious not-just-fer-games finish.

Colors are for coloring books :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been thinking about it and I think teh Nickle teflon over green actually only looks good on a GLOCK (have a picture of that somewhere). I am thinking Nickle Teflon over black for this gun now. I can't afford the who ROBAR treatment, so I am thining the lower done in black duracoat and sending the off for teh NP3 treatment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I saw a 1911 recently on this site that had the slide and frame finished with stainless satin finish with grips that were the color of the frame of that XD and it looked sharp.

It certainly wasn't a "field" gun look, but it did look nice. I wonder how that'd look with the pierce grip colored to match the frame...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

And after all is said and done, I get to the range today, and find out I can shoot the hell out of the gun (scroed a 93 after just 75 practice rounds) and I can't carry it on or off duty because its a single action. I see a para being added to teh collection now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Beautiful pistol!

TX1911Fan- that is a beautiful, clean lokking 1911 you have. Who did the work? WB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts