1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it comes with a standard, I am looking for a good tritium nightsight, what do you recommend? I'm still a noob to 1911s!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
armoredsaint said:
Since it comes with a standard, I am looking for a good tritium nightsight, what do you recommend? I'm still a noob to 1911s!

Thanks!
A lot depends on what style you want. I'm partial to Novak and Nowlin (Lowrider) night sights, but PT and Trijicon are popular as well. A search of this forum for "night sight" should get you enough info to check out the standard options.

One thing I highly suggest is a front sight in a different color from your rear sight. You won't get the two sights mixed up that way. My Loaded came from the factory with Novaks in green front and rear. My only regret is that the rear lamps are green rather than red, blue, or orange. Otherwise, it's a great setup (low drag, nice looking, quality construction).

By the way, 12% of men are color blind. If you're one of that 12 percent, I'd stay away from the green/orange combo, as they will look the same to someone who is color blind.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Heinie

I have a set of Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight Tritium. It's cut for the Novak cut for the SA Loaded. I like the sight picture on the Heinie over the Novaks. Just my $.02. Good luck.

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
armoredsaint:

When you said your Loaded came with a "standard," do you mean Novak sights that are NOT night sights? If so, you may be able to have tritium tubes installed into your stock sights. That would save you a little money. Check with Novak and Trijicon.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Whyte, I'd be interested in finding out more about that. My 5" loaded came with the Novak's w/o inserts. Should I contact SA or Novak's? Any idea of costs or procedure?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Jim PHL said:
Whyte, I'd be interested in finding out more about that. My 5" loaded came with the Novak's w/o inserts. Should I contact SA or Novak's? Any idea of costs or procedure?
Just look up their addresses on the web. Searching for "Novak""Trijicon" should do it. You'll get bunches of hits, but usually (with Yahoo) the company URLs show up near the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts