1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use my p-12 for ccw, but would like to get into IDPA.i already relize that a high rise grip safety would be more confortable, but can anyone recommend any other upgrades that would be beneficial to both ccw and IDPA?

------------------
If you can't take it easy...take it sleazy.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The only other things I would add besides the grip safety are a full length guide rod and a narrow extended thumb safety. The very first time I went to the range with my P12, the guide rod cap failed and flew down range. This left my pistol unable to fire. This is not something you want happening with a CCW or IDPA weapon. I think this is a shortcoming of the Officers model design. There are several manufacturers that make full length guide rod kits that eliminate this problem. They require a 'smith to machine the slide for the new guide rod cap. You may also want new low mount night sights.

[This message has been edited by Paten (edited 02-17-2001).]

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
I'd recommend a Kings ambi-safety, if you're wanting an ambi. Excellent design using a dove-tailed hammer pin to retain the weak-side lever. Paddle size/shape easy to hit under stress. I also use a Smith & Alexander checkered flat backstrap/magwell on my P-12. Lengthens mainspring housing by nearly 1/4" and does provide "some" funnelling at rear of well. HTH.

------------------
Make It Hot!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking of buying the full length guide rod kit direct from para's pro shop.they are the ones on the limiteds and i'm assuming they are a drop in mod.as far as thumb safeties go, will any 1911 style fit a para?i'd prefer the extended low profile style fo a more confortable carry.

------------------
If you can't take it easy...take it sleazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts