1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, I'm really hooked on Production right now. I enjoy it alot I don't know if I'll keep my Para P16. ' might just sell it. Its cheaper to shoot (I use Glock 17) for the same kind of fun :). Whats yours?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Limited 10 with either a custom .45 or an STI Trojan .40--depends on which I have more ammo for at the time. If I have a cop match coming up I shoot production with a Beretta Elite. Great fun whatever you shoot.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Open, production and limited 10...

I love the full race of open..but when things get a littel tired..I love the challenge and simplicity of production and L10.. I shot limited years ago..but just have never gotten back into that division..

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have played around in all five during the past couple of years. I am going to narrow my focus to Production and Open. Open for the intensity, Production because it's nice to shoot a 9mm from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,056 Posts
Limited 10, almost exclusively. There is a good group of similarly-skilled shooters in our Section, so there's a decent scrap, every weekend.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mostly Limited 10, although I shot Production in 2-3 matches last winter and Limited in a special classifier this year.

I was going to shoot Production again this winter to save money (9mm is cheap!), but the firing pin on my BDM is broken. I may get a 1911 in 9mm and shoot minor in Limited 10 for the same reason.

I have a few classifiers on record in Open, but there were all shot with a Limited gun, a Limited 10 gun, or a Production gun. I just wanted a classification so I wouldn't be a "U" when I shoot in Open in 3-gun matches.

I might try revolver some day, but it just seems like too much work!

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
I shot Production hard for two years when it first came out. After I figured that I had it down, I moved over to what I figured to be the hardest division of them all.

Revo. Every stage is Virginia count and you have to really relax and shoot your game. Figuring out a good 6 round plan can be hard on your mind. Revo with an 8 shot isnt bad, I just dont want to shoot a revo in Open.

After discovering that making GM in Revo is out of reach for me right now, I will remain a 62% Master and just shoot limited and remember what it is to go fast.

I dont shoot L-10 as I dont live in a 10 round state.

I avoid Open now as it really takes it toll on my hearing and elbows.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rhino465 said:

I might try revolver some day, but it just seems like too much work!
I hear ya! Same here, I might try it someday too, just for giggles. :D

Tom,
I can understand the hearing part, but what's with the elbow? I thought comps takes care of that since it tames recoil? Sorry, ' not too familiar with open guns.

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
ME (JUST ME)

'Production' does not compute, as I cannot grok owning a gun not modified to suit me me me.

I compete in Open, L8, L, and Revolver. I prefer L8 (but love my Redhawks...)

FY33102
DVC

·
Registered
688 Posts
Limited 10

This way I can use my IDPA equipment. USPSA is a great schedule filler type match. There's a club in the area that puts on a great monthly USPSA match.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,056 Posts
L8! I love L8. The (almost) lost art of ammo management. Before there was L10, I shot L8 for almost four years. It's still good fun as practice for IDPA and Single Stack Classic matches.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Production, with a stock G19. I'm going to try shooting my wife's Beretta Brigadier this weekend though.

Once I sell some of my crap I'm going to switch to Limited or L10.

·
Registered
316 Posts
L 10 mostly but I'm shooting more revolver these days.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts