1911Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
First pistol was a High Standard Natchez .22 9 shot revolver, I still have it and my first auto was a Colt Commander 45, that was stolen out of my truck.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A Mk IV Series 70 Government Model 1911. Started a lifelong affair with the 1911 platform.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My first handgun was after I just entered high school in 1972, and a friend told me he knew a student that wanted to get rid of a pistol he'd received from his dad for a birthday present. It was a Ruger SBH with a brass grip frame that had the ejector knocked off when the terrified young man dropped it on the first shot. I spent most of my paper route savings on it ($75). Sent it off to Ruger with an explanation of the damage and request for the price of repair. It was returned whole with no charge. My initial flinch with stout Browning factory loads was epic, but was remedied via some random dummy loads. I still have that gun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bersa Thunder two-tone in .380. I sold it a few years later after ~650 rounds. It never gave me any problems; I just got out of .380 for a while.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The first gun I ever bought was a S&W model 29 with 6 1/2" barrel. I was 21 and I was a little curious about the .44 magnum from watching the movie Dirty Harry. It was back in the late 70's and I saved up the money to buy a brand new one. I do not like buying used items because you never know if the previous owner(s) may have abused the item. A few years later and I sold it to help finance a brand new Colt Python. I sold it to finance a Colt AR15 carbine. If I hadn't been making minimum wage back then, I would have kept all of those guns. They don't make the Colt Python anymore. :mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My first handgun was a Colt Woodsman that I bought used in 1964. I paid $50.00 for it and for sure it's in the safe now. Still a tack driver. Regards

·
Registered
867 Posts
First gun April 1974 was a S&W Model 65-3 6" barrel, great shooter, retired and still have it.

Never use Photobucket again. Now I use Postimage.org. This is my Model 19 SW 357 mag

·
Registered
227 Posts
First handgun was a S&W mod 28-2 Hwy Patrolman .357. Bought it from an officer for $125 in 1982. And I still have it. Love that gun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
First handgun was a Stoeger Luger in .22 LR, gift from my parents somewhere around 1970. Still have it and shoot it every other year or so just to relive those days. Really wanted a Ruger back then, I think this is cooler now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glock 23 Gen4. Purchased it brand new in 2016 when I turned 21. It's my home defense, woods carry and occasional winter carry. I've put about 2000 rounds through it and it's been great so far!

·
Registered
514 Posts
S&W 6" Mod 19-2. My dad had to purchase it because I was 19 at the time. Modesto Ca. 1974. Been shooting a bit over 50 years

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was six or seven years old. My uncle bought me a Buffalo brand .22 caliber revolver to shoot pigeons in his barn. I think it cost the princely sum of $7 dollars. It may have been used. It shot low and left and I put every .22 shell that I could get my hands on through that gun. I could shoot blackbirds off power lines with it after a while.

Still have it. I do not shoot it and would not trust anyone to fire it. I clean it occasionally and think about the memories when I hold it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My first handgun was a Savage 101, in 1963 I was 13.
The Savage 101 was an interesting gun made from 1960-1968. It is made to resemble a single-action revolver but is actually a single-shot.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts