1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy good people, I was wondering what a new five inch, parkerized 1991 would set me back. I really want one. I live near Charlotte, North Carolina. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I want the version with fixed sights.

------------------
Larry Campbell

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Larry,

You will have to shop around local gun stores and internet sites to get a feel for what the going price is for what you want. Just remember, the only true value for anything is what it actually sells for. That being said, if you find something that you really like at a competetive price and can afford it, go for it. Nothing worse than going back to the shop ready to buy to find that it has been sold.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, now I'll have a general price range in mind when I go to the gun-show next weekend.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hi Larry.....
Just remember the new 1991s are not parkerized, they are matte blue. If you want a parkerized version, you will need to find one of the early versions starting in 1992. Here in Washington, a used parkerized version would run about $399 to $450.
Regards,
Sam

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
The parkerizing on the older M1991A1s wasn't that good, as it scratched or wore off easily. For a parkerized gun I'd suggest buying a matte blue 'A1 and having a shop parkerize it.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by SamColtFan:
Hi Larry.....
Just remember the new 1991s are not parkerized, they are matte blue.

Impressive...most impressive, but you are not a Jedi Knight. Way to go Sam...good answer. And for you Larry...MSRP on a new matte 1991 is $645.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by Elizabeth Colt:
Hi Larry.....
Just remember the new 1991s are not parkerized, they are matte blue.

Impressive...most impressive, but you are not a Jedi Knight. Way to go Sam...good answer. And for you Larry...MSRP on a new matte 1991 is $645.

Hey Liz Colt....
Thanks for the Kudos. I can't really take credit for this as DSK pointed this out to me months ago. DSK should be titled the Jedi Knight.

In defense of the parkerizing on the original 1991s.... My 1991A1 Government Model was purchased in 1992. The gun has seen use as a duty weapon in a Safariland holster and as my personal carry gun. The parkerizing has held up extremely well and looks very good.

Thanks for the kind words, Liz.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
195 Posts
www.discountfirearms.com has them for $410.00.

I have never dealt with them and they have not answered my email requesting a price with shipping for an item, but their prices seem like a good thing.

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
Thanks for the Kudos. I can't really take credit for this as DSK pointed this out to me months ago. DSK should be titled the Jedi Knight.
Well, I guess I'm short enough to pass for Yoda.
Not kind enough though. I'm too much of a prankster ("My finger will you pull, hmmmmmmmmmmm?").

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by SBLars:
www.discountfirearms.com has them for $410.00.

I have never dealt with them and they have not answered my email requesting a price with shipping for an item, but their prices seem like a good thing.
Their prices actually seem TOO low. The site is copyright 1998, and they're listing guns from that time. There prices are below what WE pay for the guns :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey SamCF...my mistake, the proper Darth quote would've been..."but you are not a Jedi YET" (not Knight)...as for you dsk, don't tell me, it's the elephant under your chair, right? Riiiiight. I totally agree with you Firearms+...and also be careful if you do purchase from them that you're getting 'brand' new, not new 'in box'...there is a big difference, especially when it comes to the Service Agreement.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hey Liz Colt....
Hmmmmmm. New Britain is not so far from West Hartford. Are you by any chance, one of the Jedis located on Talcott Road? Veeeerrrry interesting.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Gun: $500
Replace plastic trigger & mainspring housing
$50
Replace MIM parts
$150
Fit new barrel bushing & firing pin stop
$100
Pay a gunsmith to make all your parts work
$300

------------------
ElrodCod
NRA Life Member

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
* Holds pinky finger up to lip* ....ONE MILLION DOLLARS.....Muhahahahahahahaha"
Ugly Jeep Truck, that is'nt mauch money in todays market. Perhaps you maent ONE BILLION DOLLARS.....Muhahahahahahahaha"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts