1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II. I have two Kimber mags and have had some minor gouging of the feedramp. Sent it back to Kimber and they polished the ramp. Now I don't want to gouge it again. I understand from reading here that most of the gouging is blamed on the metal follower in the Kimber mags. Where can I get a better mag (Wilson?) and what models will fit the Ultra Carry II?

Jess

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Jess,
Let me be the first to say welcome to 1911forum.com. I use Wilson #47-OX 7 rd. magazines in my Kimber Compacts. They will also fit the Ultra Carry as they have the same size frame. I recently ordered 6 more of the Wilson mags from www.midwayusa.com They were $22.59 each plus shipping.:D

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
Hi Jess! He's right, those Wilsons are fine magazines, I've got several for my Compact. The only thing I don't like about the Wilsons is they just stick out a bit. If I want a flush-fitting concealment magazine, my favorite is Metalform. Any mag marketed for an Officer-size frame will work in your Ultra.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a bunch of the Wilson 47-OX mags and like 45auto said they cost me about $22.00 from my local shop. I still like the flush fit of the Kimber and CMC mags so I just got the Wilson Spring / Follower kits and installed them in my Kimber's and CMC's. Now there is absolutely no goughing of any kind.

MadDog :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try just ordering the spring and follower kits from Willson for your mags. I just changed over 5 mags on my full size, and posted on it recently. The spring and follower kits worked wonderfully, and they are a considerably lower cost when compared to new mags.

Wes

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone detail what is involved with switching out the followers and springs? I am assuming that the 7 rd springs and followers are what I would need?

Jess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts