1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am setting myself up for a landslide of responses, but I really am looking for some good opinions on this.

I have a NIB 1991A1 that I purchased a number of years ago, then put away as I got into shooting a lot of .22s in order to save on the money flow. As that is not quite the problem it was a couple of years ago it is time to shoot some .45s instead. Other than putting an ambidex. saftey on it (as I'm left handed) can anyone think of suggestions for what to do to this gun. By the way I just do target shooting with it, I might carry it in the car if travelling but thats about it.

Thanks,
JPH712

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
load her up and go, if you have some extra cash, get a 22 conversion unit for it and you can have the best of both worlds :)

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I would recommend an EGW angled bore bushing. It should help accuracy and it should drop in. EGW makes a drop-in and a gunsmith fit, the gunsmith fit dropped in on my Colt. Next a nice clean 4lb trigger job. Then depending on funds, three cases of ammo, some spare mags, Wilson or flush fit Metal Form and some good old range time.

enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts