1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'll start. :)

A Ruger SP 101 increased a percentage just large enough for 5 rounds of .44 special (wouldn't mind a .41 mag or 10mm w/moonclips either)

For S&W to start making .44 mags with cylinder lengths that match Ruger .44 mags.

For S&W to reintroduce the Model 13 and 65 3" round butt configuration.

For S&W to reintroduce the Model 58

A SIG 220 in 10mm (all steel is fine) DA/SA and SAO

Bring back the .38 Super option in the 220 while we're at it and increase the mag capacity to 10+1 instead of 9+1 like it used to be.

A SIG 225 SAO (could very well be my ultimate CCW)

A CZ 97B chambered in 10mm

For someone to make an alloy framed single stack CCO in .45, .38 Super and 9mm and make them a regular production item, PLEASE.

For Springfield Armory to go bigger with their EMP 9mm by going with a Champion but on the "short action" frame. They can chamber it in .40 S&W. .357 SIG and .45 GAP if they so choose.

For whoever is currently offering High Powers in .40 S&W to offer one in .357 SIG right out of the box instead of having to get it converted.

For Beretta to stop being afraid of the .357 SIG. One Cougar in 13 years doesn't count.

For Magnum Research to bring back the frame mounted safety on their Baby Desert Eagles.

For Magnum Research to do a short run of MK VII's and chamber them in .44 AMP

For Magnum Research to AT LEAST stop putting flutes on their .44 and .357 barrels as if the decrease in weight is going to make it easier to carry.

For someone assigned to punch the decision makers at Taurus when they introduce something at SHOT and don't come out with it for over a year if they come out with it at all. Oh, and for someone to fire their webmaster and after he removes all his belongings and heads home he's called and told that it was a mistake, to come back and when he's all relieved to come back and puts all his belongings, knickknacks and pictures back they fire him again, this time for real.

For someone to convince EAA corp that their yellow and brown website scheme is vomit inducing. (fire that web designer too)

Oh, and offer their Witness steel pistols with an accessory rail. That'd be nice being it's the 21st century and all.

I'd like for Colt to start making DA revolvers again. I don't think I'm alone here.

For Detonics to stay down this time. Umpteenth time is NOT the charm!

For Wildey to finally run out of money and have to close his doors.

For someone to reintroduce the classic Automag, this time making it less prone to parts breakage.

For me to win Powerball so that I can afford all of these handguns.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I want Detonics to come back, fail and come back again!!! They better not make anything in .357 sig or .38 super though!! :dope:

I want California to get swallowed up in some massive wave or something. At least the Californian government.

No more shootings hurting people minding their own business and making guns look bad, especially if the shooter is only going to kill himself in the end.

I want Joe Horn left alone, hell I want him to be recogonized for his actions.

No more ILS systems on guns.

Free bullets in 08' :rock:

·
Registered
442 Posts
1: A return of the Pachmayr Dominator.
2: Overturn of DC gunban upheld.
3: A better selection of 1911s in 9mm (45 ACP is a better cartridge, 9mm is cheaper)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would like to see the new "short-frame" 1911 by Springfield (and quickly being copied by other companies) to find a good home in a full-sized-frame and 4" or 5" barrel gun. I think it would help to keep the newest generation of shooters interested in 1911s, and there is something comforting about a manufacturer addressing feeding issues of the shorter 9x19 cartridge in a 1911 by making a new frame for it.

I would like to see more modular duty handguns - the new SIG P250 is an example, and many others have already been doing the "one size fits all" approach with interchangeable backstraps and other grip pieces. The technology exists to make a "four guns in one" platform for the price of two conventional ones. I think this could be the one direction for the future of the modularity of duty weapons that could ease over to the civilian market.

I would like to see the continuance of Smith and Wesson's efforts to recapture their share of classic revolver sales. There is a lot of nostalgia - and functionality too - if many of their past pieces, and I think it could do a lot for the company for them to push some of this.

I would like to see more CCW-oriented autoloaders being developed. Kahr has really shoved this along in the past five years and Walther's new PPS looks promising.

I would like to see more factory-direct .22 LR conversion kits for common autoloaders. With ammo prices steadily rising it would be almost an "instant add-on" to purchase a .22 conversion kit with a new gun if it were available as a package deal.

Andy

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jedi573 said:
I would like to see the new "short-frame" 1911 by Springfield (and quickly being copied by other companies) to find a good home in a full-sized-frame and 4" or 5" barrel gun. I think it would help to keep the newest generation of shooters interested in 1911s, and there is something comforting about a manufacturer addressing feeding issues of the shorter 9x19 cartridge in a 1911 by making a new frame for it.
Magazines with a spacer along the spine work very well (for me at least) but you are right. A "short frame/short action" 1911 would fit my GF's hands perfectly without having to resort to thin grips on a full sized which still don't quite feel right to her. She's a big bore fan so it'll probably be a .45 GAP for her but I'd love a GAP framed Champion in 9mm. Once I pin the grip safety it would be like a Star BM which I love.

Alot of people think the .45 GAP is useless but I disagree. It's because of the .45 GAP that Springfield Armory attempted the Defender and the short action 1911 was born. If making smaller circumference frames gets 1911's into more people's hands isn't that a good thing? :)

I just feel that the .45 GAP needs at least a 4" tube or greater to be decent. In a 5" tube it holds its own against the ACP but in the short 3" tubes it loses more velocity than a ACP would. At least that's what I've read.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
1. Supreme Court says 2nd Amendment is our individual right and restrictions unconstitutional.

2. Supreme Court orders all states to remove restrictive gun laws immediately.

3. Supreme Court states that CCW should be good nationally like drivers licenses.

4. Price of ammo to come down to levels they were prior to recent price increases (or for me to finally do something about getting a Dillon 550B).

Luke

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
First a nation wide handgun carry and buy permit so i can carry handguns and buy any fire arm in any state. Give the good guys a break.

Ruger to offer the 357mag and 41mag in the redhawk again...

A RUGER SUPER REDHAWK in 500s&w mag. with an 15" or 18" barrel...:rock:

Lets super size it!!!!!! Its about time.......:rock:

Even one in 444marlin or 45/70 would make me happy too.

I'm with Elmer Keith on this one just give me one big bore wheel gun....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
LSCurrier said:
1. Supreme Court says 2nd Amendment is our individual right and restrictions unconstitutional.

2. Supreme Court orders all states to remove restrictive gun laws immediately.

3. Supreme Court states that CCW should be good nationally like drivers licenses.

4. Price of ammo to come down to levels they were prior to recent price increases (or for me to finally do something about getting a Dillon 550B).

Luke

I could not have said it better.

For me I would say for Kimber to produce a Non-MIM, Series I, all new (asthetically) designed 1911's that are top quality!

·
Registered
253 Posts
F16DCC said:

For me I would say for Kimber to produce a Non-MIM, Series I, all new (asthetically) designed 1911's that are top quality!
And there you go.

I'd settle for a non-light rail series I in regular production (Warrior w/o rail?)

I'd also like a Rock River lightweight stainless midlength upper.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
F16DCC said:

Kimber produce a non-MIM 1911....ain't gonna happen (they have ALWAYS used MIM in their 1911s).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Something that's a want but doesn't become a need right away...

·
Registered
556 Posts
For every 1911 manufacturer to have have stringent QC checks like the Ordnance department used to. No more of this "send it back under warranty" bs, it should work out of the box, and for a long time.

.45 Ammo to be as cheaper or cheaper than 9mm....I mean, it's a patriotic cartridge, buy American.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I'd like to see Colt get it's act together and produce high quality 1911s.

More reproduction type models of past 1911s, like the commercial version
and the original series 70 and a series 70 Combat Commander.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Lighter weight fullsized 1911's chambered in .45. For Crimson trace grips to come down on there prices...
For my local dealer to start selling Les Baer ,Wilson Combat pistols...
Higher Capacity pistols.. Last but not least for a Gun Loving President that loves the 2nd!!!!!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd include GREEN laser grips but then somehow I don't think they would be so affordable.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'd like to see the PX4 .45 come out. I would also like to see some better articles in the gun magazines - these newer intermediate-sized rifle cartridges (I'm sure they work great) are kind of boring LOL!:)

And I'm kind of tired of reading about 9mm pistols - they're pretty boring too.

I'd also like to see a semi-automatic HK 416 upper that could be attached to an AR-15 lower!:cool:

I want Magnum Research to sell their custom-finished Desert Eagles with the magazine body also finished, not just the damn magazine base plate!

Magnum Research should also bring back .440 CorBon Desert Eagles - they are more powerful than .50 AE models, and are close to .454 Casull power levels.

Colt needs to bring back double-action revolvers - I really want a new Python and Anaconda.

It would also be cool if Smith & Wesson offered the X-frame revolvers in the same blued/black finishes as the reintroduced "classic" revolvers (i.e. model 29) - I'd love to have an all-black 4" 500.:cool:

And 1911 quality control needs to be stepped up, with more factory testing to make sure they work before they're shipped.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts