1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Excellent choice if you can find it at a price that is agreeable to you.

I have a non-rail version and it is the pride and joy of my collection and my primary IDPA competition pistol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Thank you all for your opinion! The weight is not a problem for me, i'm from canada and we don't have the right to carry a pistol.

I just order one,
Pascal

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
I was going to say that I don't like guns with rails because they look like poop and they just seem to get in the way. But I looked at the picture and I was impressed that they were able to put in a rail without screwing up the gun's looks a add something that will get caught on something. Springfield has a good reputation, I like the mag-well and low profile sights. But it is hard to give an opinion without holding or shooting the gun.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Hi,

Thank you all for your opinion! The weight is not a problem for me, i'm from canada and we don't have the right to carry a pistol.

I just order one,
Pascal
Congrats, I think your going to love it. Post some pics and a range report when you can. :rock:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
My understanding is if the gun CAME from the factory with a bushingless barrel as long as it made weight it was good to go.

The following modifications are NOT ALLOWED IN ANY
DIVISION unless otherwise specifically mentioned.
A. Compensators of any type including hybrid or ported
barrels.
B. Add-on weights for a competitive advantage (this includes,
but is not limited to, weighted magazines, tungsten guide rods,
brass magazine wells, weighted grips).
C. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing.

You can NOT swap out to a heavy barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1, the bushingless barrel means you can't use it for IDPA. I've owened a few of the non railed TRPs and loved them.
Hi,

I don't made any competition, so it's not a problem for me.

Thank's again all for your opinion, i think i have made a good choice!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yah, I love Springfield's way of adding a rail. I really dislike the other manufacturers style how the railed dust cover pokes out forward of the top of the frame... Never understood that... SA's rails just blends right into the slide, so nice and clean.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have this exact gun. It is the best shooter I have. 100% reliable and more accurate that I. Now this is going to be hard to believe, but it is true, I have 4,000 rounds through it and not ONE failure of ANY kind...not even in the first 500 rounds. It has been absolutely perfect sinced I opened the box. I may be one of the lucky few that gets a perfect gun but I am okay with this luck. I love the 1/2 rail, gives me choices and still looks great. I've heard SA has great customer service but, hey, I haven't needed it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts