1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Ed Brown extended ejector in my Kimber Stainless Compact last week and didn't shape the end of it. I went out to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through the pistol without a single FTE. My questions are; Do I need to shape the end? What will happen to other parts like the extractor if I don't shape it? If needed to be shaped, what kinds of angles do I need to put on it? My pistol finally seems to be running right and I'm kinda skeptical about changing anything at this point. BTW, I also refitted and retensioned my extractor at the same time, so I couldn't give you an exact answer as to what exactly was causing all of those FTE's.

Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm certainly no gunsmith, but I did the same thing. I fitted a Springfield extended ejector due to problems I was having with a stock length one. Just dropped it in and it has functioned 100% since for me. I still have to level out the rear end of it, but the front didn't appear to need any work. I think you'll be fine leaving it alone.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
If you're happy with the ejection trajectory as is, don't mess with the ejector. They can be tuned if necessary, but apparently yours is working just fine.

Bob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, actually it is ejecting right out to the side. I haven't even come close to taking one between the eyes yet:eek: . just_shoot_it, it hand cycles live rounds perfectly. I looked at the bullets, and there doesn't appear to be any major marks on them that would indicate that they are striking the barrel hood.

Robert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts