1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 2890 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Definitely "Last Man Standing".

By the way, "Man of the House" is a GREAT movie (thanks to Tommy Lee Jones's performance, of course).
Man of the House is a guilty pleasure of mine. The girls are just ... wonderful and Tommy Lee Jones is one of my favorite actors.

"Personnel suppressor dee-luxe." :biglaugh:

Last Man Standing is probably the best 1911 action flick.

·
Registered
445 Posts
American gangster, not too many scenes with 1911's, but denzel washington walks out of a diner, and up to a guy and puts one between his eyes in broad daylight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Wild Bunch! It's not only the weapon but the characters (actors) who use them. I'm probably older than most posters but William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Strother Martin, etc. fit the role and the time.

There is no bling in this movie. Down and dirty action that also features my other favorite piece, the 1897 Winchester.

"Seven men who came too late, and stayed too long"

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
The Wild Bunch! It's not only the weapon but the characters (actors) who use them. I'm probably older than most posters but William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Strother Martin, etc. fit the role and the time.

There is no bling in this movie. Down and dirty action that also features my other favorite piece, the 1897 Winchester.

"Seven men who came too late, and stayed too long"
you forgot to mention Warren Oats, by far one of the best charactor actors at the time.

"extreme prejudice" show cased a nice officer model with a custom grip. Had a close up shot of Nick Nolte fired the pistol until the slide locked back with an empty chamber. Walter Hill(Peckinpah's protege) directed some of the most memorable slow motion gun fight scenes in hollywood.

·
Registered
445 Posts
was it really?

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
"extreme prejudice" show cased a nice officer model with a custom grip. Had a close up shot of Nick Nolte fired the pistol until the slide locked back with an empty chamber. Walter Hill(Peckinpah's protege) directed some of the most memorable slow motion gun fight scenes in hollywood.
Actually that was a Colt Combat Commander with stag grips.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not the best - Bad Boys - the older, heavyset, mobster type was shooting at Tea Leon/Will Smith/Martin Lawrence with a gov. model with like a 7" barrel :0

The movie did have it's laugh out loud moments.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Actually that was a Colt Combat Commander with stag grips.
It morphed to a Government model and back again at least once.

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
almost forgot....one of the best movies that features a 1911A1 was "THIEF of HEARTS" with scarface actor Steven Bauer. An entire 10 minute scene was devoted to shooting a 1911 in a privately owned indoor pistol range.:rock:

361 - 380 of 2890 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.