1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2880 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im gonna get hate mail for this, but the 1911 that sticks out in my head the most is............ Mercutio's 1911 from the Romeo and juliet remake in 1997.

This is gonna hurt.......

·
Administrator
72,987 Posts
Windtalkers
The Thin Red Line
The Lost Battalion (HBO Special)

By the way, in The Wild Bunch most of the 1911 scenes were using Star 9mm pistols. It was often hard to get .45's to work properly with blanks in those days.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
D. Cicero said:
In 48 hours Nick Nolte's 357 mag is stolen by the bad guy. He replaces it with a 1911, 45cal. Later in the movie he empties the entire mag. into the same bad guy.
Re-read the script, Nolte’s revolver is quoted as a “44”

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
dsk said:
The Lost Battalion (HBO Special)

One I forgot that is also a favorite of mine

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just watched The Untouchables and noticed the external extractor 9mm mentioned in the blank shooting thread last week. It sure is cool all the little things you can pick up on if you look close.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Not really the best 1911 movie out there, but Mr. and Mrs. Smith showcases an amazing custom 1911.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
KtownKimber said:
Speaking of The Way Of The Gun, how awesome was James Caan in that movie! The scene where he is shooting up the 2 main guys with a S&W snubbie and pulling off some perfect tactical reloads was admirable in hollywood. I read somewhere that Caan has trained at Gunsite in the past.
That was a pretty cool shootout. That movie had a LOT of cool shooting scenes!

Oh has anyone mentioned Platoon yet??? When William Dafoe takes a flashlight and a 1911 into the tunnels to search for VC. I couldn't imagine firing a 45 inside an enclosed space like a tunnel- talk about LOUD!!! That movie is up there in my top favorite movies as well. :rock:

·
Registered
205 Posts
shinobee said:
Im gonna get hate mail for this, but the 1911 that sticks out in my head the most is............ Mercutio's 1911 from the Romeo and juliet remake in 1997.

This is gonna hurt.......
Okay I reviewed the movie because I was secnd guessing myself. It is a Berreta 92...my bad.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
In the original "the Getaway" Steve McQueen carries a GM.

"Three days of the Condor" in which Redford plays a CIA anylist on the run. He is asked when he calls in, if he is armed and he says yes. He is asked to describe the weapon. "it's a .45 automatic." later "if I told you I had a .45 in my pocket, would you walk with me?"

"A Bridge too far" James Caan (a re-occuring 1911 guy) Plays the only NCO in the movie in a staring roll. That has got to be one of the classic movie threats of all time.

In "Hostage" Bruce Willis plays a former LAPD SWAT cop. He can be seen with the Kimber. I thouth that was a nice touch.

"LA confidential" has one of my all time favorite gunfight seens. Exley is armed with a GM and a .38 "dick" sp.

I have WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands...as you can see.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rosewood

I cant believe that no one has mentioned the movie ROSEWOOD. If you havent seen it, I would place it right up there with LAST MAN STANDING!

JOE BOB BRIGGS says check it out!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
F16DCC said:
Oh has anyone mentioned Platoon yet??? When William Dafoe takes a flashlight and a 1911 into the tunnels to search for VC. I couldn't imagine firing a 45 inside an enclosed space like a tunnel- talk about LOUD!!! That movie is up there in my top favorite movies as well. :rock:
I think I've read somewhere that the actual tunnel rats in Vietnam used any other pistol they could get their hands on except for a 1911 due to the 1911's heavy recoil and loud blast in enclosed spaces. When possible, .38s were used. Of course, that wasn't always an option, so 1911's went into many tunnels, I'm sure.

Yeah - all the Steven Segal movies feature him armed with 1911's (very handsome ones, too)

In A Few Good Men the Lt. Colonel (played by J.T. Walsh) blows his brains out with a nickel plated 1911, after he gets into his full dress uniform.

·
Registered
293 Posts
horsesoldier03 said:
I cant believe that no one has mentioned the movie ROSEWOOD.
You can't? I know there are some bad movies already mentioned, but that was a real stinker.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stick a 1911 in any movie for a decent length of time and I'll like it, but for me the best has to be Last Man Standing.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Anybody mention THE CODE TALKERS yet. Some pretty good 1911 handling in that movie too.

MARS ATTACKS has the General in the War Room blasting the head Martian with a pair of 1911s. (Slim Whitman saves the day. :D )

·
Registered
200 Posts
Misfit said:
In A Few Good Men the Lt. Colonel (played by J.T. Walsh) blows his brains out with a nickel plated 1911, after he gets into his full dress uniform.
Kick me out of the forums if I am wrong, but I was just sure Lt. Colonel Markenson used a Berreta in that scene.

Also, in 'Training Day' Didn't Hoyt shoot Alonzo (Denzel W.) with a 1911 that Alonzo pulled out from under the dash during their fight in the hood causing Alonzo to scream "Oh you mother-f....., you just shot me in the ass, Jake!"

·
Registered
218 Posts
James Coburn as Zach Provo in "The Last Hard Men" used a 1911 to shoot the phone off the wall. I've often wanted to do that myself. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
"Sin City"

Some nice 1911's in there. One of them is a Springfield Arms of some kind but I haven't freeze framed it to ident which one yet.

41 - 60 of 2880 Posts