1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would consider anything from brown commander bobtail to wilson cqb compact to kimber compacts and colt CCO.

Reliability would be the most important feature, shootability next, then concealability.

-ted

·
Registered
494 Posts
Own a Gunsite Service Pistol Springfield Compact LW. VERY satisfied with it; happy with the pistol and the work done by Ted Yost(who is no longer employed by Gunsite). I use 230gr jhp defense ammo so I like my 45acp caliber pistols with no less then a 4 inch barrel. It fits all three of your requirements (for me).

·
Registered
143 Posts
RUSS45,

When did Ted leave Gunsite? I just had a GSP delivered in September and spoke w/ did during the ordering process over the summer.

TIA

Mike

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't know if its the "most" reliable since I haven't had a chance to try them all, but I have a Kimber Compact that is extremely reliable and accurate. It's my choice.

RJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a Kimber SS Aluminum Compact, it's been both reliable and accurate. Kimber makes a great gun, but the night sights are caca.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got a Kimber Compact CDP. Love it. Accurate, reliable, and purdy to boot. I agree with bucksnuffer though, the night sights are caca. But not so bad that I'm running out to replace them.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The Wilsons are the best out of the box that you can get.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but....I vote for the HK usp compact. I got a few Kimbers and have sho a friends Wilson. But when push come to shove, I'll take an HK for the most reliable, durable, and accurate compact 45.

Flame away (nomex on).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another vote for the Defender. Gun Tests magazine (who will tell you pointedly, which gun to buy and which not to buy)just did a test of 3 compact 1911`s and guess who won...the Defender.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have to put my imput in for the SA compact. I own one and have yet to have a problem with it. Been reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What about the Kimber Ultra CDP? I've never shot one, but I've fallen in love with that pistol. Anything good/bad I should know about that model?

·
Registered
494 Posts
MAP,
I spoke with Ted at the Gunsite Alumni Shoot last month. He left Gunsite around the beginning of October. He will be doing gunsmithing work on his own in the near future.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Quick question;

Is the Colt CCO basically a Commander length slide riding atop an Officers length frame?

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
691 Posts
Originally posted by PoodleShooter:
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but....I vote for the HK usp compact. I got a few Kimbers and have sho a friends Wilson. But when push come to shove, I'll take an HK for the most reliable, durable, and accurate compact 45.

Flame away (nomex on).
I agree with one reservation, the double stack body will be less concealable than the single stack competitors. But the HK has double action options.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts