1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've kindof wanted another 9mm, mainly because it is so cheap to shoot without reloading. The High Power is too expensive for something with a pathetic trigger and hammer bite. The CZ75b - single action - looks interesting, but I no of nobody who has one that I could handle.

Triggers are important to me and since I mainly shoot 1911s, I'm kindof picky.

Would I be happy with a CZ in single action?

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've owned a CZ-75 and a CZ-85, but not one in the past few years. Maybe they've improved the trigger, but mine were both typical military style with a lot of creep. Bought them because Jeff Cooper stated they were the best of the breed, but I found nothing particularly extraordinary about them.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I love my CZ 75, and it shoots VERY well, but the trigger (still factory) is not its forte. Long DA, and in SA mode you can actually see the sear moving back the hammer before release, both modes not very light or crisp. The quality of triggers does varies a lot in them, I've tried a few that were much better.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
The other problems are the sears are usually case hardened so by the time you loose the machine marks and adjust the angle to not cock the hammer as you pull the trigger, the sear is soft.

If you replace with the hard sear it is VERY
tricky to get the double action to still work with the single action Great.
geo ><>

·
Registered
240 Posts
well, i really like the sa trigger on my cz.
i mean its real good.
the da pull may be long but its smooth.
and if its a problem just 1/4 cock it like i do.
i love my cz. in fact the only thing i dont like is the caliber. 9mm!
i may try the .40 but from what i hear its not as accurate.
and since i can get hi caps for cheap(relatively), id rather have the 9mm.
just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree with George Smith. I had a CZ-75 and then had the trigger stoned properly by an expert. He got the trigger down to a crisp 2lbs, but after a 1000rds or so, the sear would let go and hammer would follow the slide. I could see wear on the sear. It should have been hardened after stoning. It failed because the stoning softened the sear metal. Replaced with a stock sear and hammer. Problem solved, but original 5lb trigger with creep returned. Still not bad. I like my CZ.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sold my Springfiled P9 in 40sw this year to get a Kimber in 40sw. I hated the P9. The best I could do at 25 yards was about a 15 inch group and I would have one flier per mag that would be about 3 feet from center target. With the Kimber replacement and the Tasco Optima sight I consistanly get 5 inch groups with no fliers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the EAA Witness version in 10mm, about
1k rounds thru it & I like the stock trigger
quite well ~ 4lbs pull. DA is quite smooth.

Bill

·
Registered
684 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but I believe dla is refering to the CZ75 B SA, which is SAO.

I had a smithed CZ75B, and the smith was able to get the action very smooth and light, and he did manage to clean up the SA trigger alot, BUT, it didn't come close to a smithed BHP or 1911. I did a lot of research into smiths to do the work, and everyone from Dlask to CZUSA to the guy that did the work, Keith Whaley, said it is not possible to make the SA on a CZ75B DA/SA pistol as good as a SAO pistol like a BHP or 1911.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BB: You are correct. I was referring to the SA only version, which I believe is the CZ75B SA.

Now a slightly different question: If trigger quality was the only concern, would it be better to buy an FEG HighPower and add quality hammer/sear/etc or buy the CZ75B SA and smooth up the surfaces?

------------------
Have a great day!

[This message has been edited by dla (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
684 Posts
If the CZ is priced like the others at around $350, I'd jump all over it before the FEG. The CZs are high quality firearms at an great price. The SA model should come with a good trigger, and without all the DA parts in there I would expect a smith could make it great, even with the firing pin safety.

Check out some reports (all seem to be very good) of the CZ75B SA here: http://www.czforums.com/

[This message has been edited by BB (edited 10-15-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts