1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess the topic name sums it up, but i have two colt 1991A1's. one is still pretty new (less than 500 rounds) and the one i carry on duty has a little over 2000 rounds.

what weight does colt put in these from the factory? i want to get another one, but i want to keep it the same weight as the one that came with it (yeah yeah, call me crazy, wanting to leave it alone!!!)

i shoot winchester 230 grain ball ammo as practice, and carry winchester plus P 230 grain sxt ( the law enforcement only talon stuff)

the gun has never jammed, and the spring seems ok, i just would like to get a new one and put it for saftey sake

russel the cop

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Stock recoil springs on full sized 1911/1911A1's was/is 16#.

------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of GOD, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Russel, every one gave the right answer. Keep it stock with #16.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys! i guess what your trying to say is it MAY have come with a 16 pound spring, hmmm i think i'll go with that!!

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Russel213, what holster are you using for your 1911? Are you able to carry in condition one?

I'm still waiting to hear from Safariland
on the 6280 holster.

Thanks

------------------
Guaranteed delivery in 30 minutes or less or your next on is free!

Minuteman III LGM30G

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
herr, on duty i carry the bianche nylon holster, it is made to carry the pistol cocked and locked with the strap between the hammer and pin. off duty i almost always use my galco summer holster its the inside the waistband style that works very good. it doesn't have a strap but that really doesn't bother me much, as i have never accidently wiped the saftey off while using it.

i am going to buy uncle mikes holster for a 1911 because it has a jacket slot that my bianche doesn't have. both are good duty holsters if you have to buy your own stuff!

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Now it is smart a## time, "What is the stock recoil spring weight?" "A couple of ounces."

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Herr Walther:

I carry my 1911 in a Safariland 6280. The holster is designed for the gun to be carried cocked and locked. Personally, I think it's a great holster and real fast with a bit of practice.

(Sorry about straying from topic)

·
Registered
366 Posts
For your standared 230 grain hardball, 16 pounds is ideal. If you are shooting up any more than a few of your +P ammo, then temporarily swap out to the 18 pounds spring for that session only.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What about for 1911 in 9mm Parabellum?
The weight of the recoil spring should be...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts