1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have been around shooting for some time now and I never heard of this pencil test? This Is a new one on me, some one said that he had tried It and It shot out 16" or something like that? We hells bells, I tried It on my Kimber 5" BRL In 45ACP with one of them fat boy pencils which by the way fits very nicely In a 45, It's 10MM! and It went through my house walls, 2 of them, My garage walls, 2 also and killed the guys dog that lives 3 houses down the road from us,and he was pissed!!! I think with all due respect, some one should have told us not to use a loaded pistol In the first place Don't you think???
Semper Fi all. Hank D.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi all.
I have been around shooting for some time now and I never heard of this pencil test? This Is a new one on me, some one said that he had tried It and It shot out 16" or something like that? We hells bells, I tried It on my Kimber 5" BRL In 45ACP with one of them fat boy pencils which by the way fits very nicely In a 45, It's 10MM! and It went through my house walls, 2 of them, My garage walls, 2 also and killed the guys dog that lives 3 houses down the road from us,and he was pissed!!! I think with all due respect, some one should have told us not to use a loaded pistol In the first place Don't you think???
Semper Fi all. Hank D.
:biglaugh:

I guess you have to be smarter than the pencil your testing with.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all.
If my gal friend held the pencil under her brests without a bra, the pencil would be marking up her knees:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Semper Fi all. Hank D.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi Hank,
Those others sure are interesting, and deserve further contemplation,:biglaugh: but I think what you really want is this;
A wooden pencil, with eraser attached is dropped, eraser end first , into the barrel of your pistol.
An Empty Pistol!!
Cock the hammer, jerk the trigger, and the pencil should fly out of the barrel.
This shows you have a tough eraser.:biglaugh: Or a good firing system, I forget.

Regards,
Kur

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi all.
If my gal friend held the pencil under her brests without a bra, the pencil would be marking up her knees:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Semper Fi all. Hank D.
I guess it would be okay this time to omit the pictures. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Guys, you have to remember guys age too, and it ain't always pretty!
Oh well, thats life.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
All joking aside, this is a great test after you disassemble a 1911 with any version of the firing pin safety. Make sure the gun is empty, drop a pencil eraser-first in the bore, point the gun straight up, and fire. The pencil should go a good 4' in the air...enough to stick in a drop ceiling from where I sat, anyway.

·
Registered
856 Posts
All joking aside, this is a great test after you disassemble a 1911 with any version of the firing pin safety. Make sure the gun is empty, drop a pencil eraser-first in the bore, point the gun straight up, and fire. The pencil should go a good 4' in the air...enough to stick in a drop ceiling from where I sat, anyway.
Ok some hackjob changed my 1911 (bought it used) it only goes about 15" my ruger P90 kicked it 30+ inches into the air. Thats AFTER I cleaned it before it was only 11 or so.

Do I have a problem? whats considered enough? and what springs if its not enough should I consider replacing or what else should I do?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hey Now,

Hey Guys, you have to remember guys age too, and it ain't always pretty!
Oh well, thats life.
I resemble that statement!!:eek:

unsigned:biglaugh:

·
Registered
222 Posts
What If I Put a Beer Under My Breast?

I figured since I lost three pencils and the remote control I'd try an empty can. Does this make me fat or did all that beer I drank do it?
Paul

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you girlfriend's breasts hold a pencil under them, she shouldn't go without a bra???

Dave Manson
Shouldn't that be the other way around? I would think that supporting a pencil that way implies the mammaries are sagging, right? Therefore, the ones that don't sag are nice and tight -- she's the one who wouldn't need the "support." Right? (Of course, if they're large and dangling, maybe that's the kind you like! Maybe she could support two pencils!)
(this thread could go on forever!)
Gotta be lots of theories about this...

Regards....

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I figured since I lost three pencils and the remote control I'd try an empty can. Does this make me fat or did all that beer I drank do it?
Paul
Would that be a new "Green" type can crusher?:confused:
And let's NOT link to the You Tube vid about that.:biglaugh:

Regards,:)
Kur

·
Registered
434 Posts
What if my boobs hold a pencil? I think I need a "BRO":biglaugh::(

Semer Fi
1*

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all.
I hate to admit it but Mrs. Kur Is right, I met a guy the other day that I have not seen In a very long time, and he said to me, holy crap, what the hell happened to you, someone hit you with the ugly stick or what? then to make me feel even better he then said, If my dog looked anything like you, I would shave his ass, and teach him how to walk backwards!!! And I said to him, I guess someone broke Into your house a broke all your mirrors, so don't talk butt face!!! So Mrs. Kur, I stand correctored!!!
Semper Fi all. Hank D.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts