1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to the GunsAmerica website? I've been getting the "HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden" message all morning. Are they having a scheduled downtime, were they hacked? Any info would be appreciated. I like to cruise the site to see what deals are available and for pictures.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I was just there and got the same thing. You would think that the site info people would let everyone know what's happening. It's a good place for gun pricing new as well as older guns.

[This message has been edited by wildbill (edited 11-29-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
It's entirely possible -- even probable -- that the are combatting some effects of the virus attacks that started over the weekend. A LOT of sites are reporting problems related to this, and it is still showing up in several of the e-mails I received today. Richard Heinie's systems also got nailed with this thing, so it is definitely circulating in our community.

This one is serious, and if you haven't updated your virus scanner, you might want to set aside some time for this tonight.

Chuck

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just checked and they are back up with a message claiming they were shut down by anti-gun ISP. Sounds like lawsuit city to me. In any event, they are working to get up and running again but no photos yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts