1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems a very common occurence, judging from posts in this forum, and backed up by my own experience, to send a weapon in for repair to SA and have it come back with the zero altered, sometimes radically, and almost always in elevation. Mine came back shooting nearly a foot low, after being dead on out of the box. What's with that? I've recently read posts listing changes from 3-10 inches low. Come to think of it, it almost always shifts down, too. I think we should bring this to SA's attention, it seems too common and uniform to be casual coincidence.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Did you measure the front sight height before and after service ? Was it changed to a taller front sight ?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Archer: No, I didn't measure it. You think they're changing them as a matter of course after chamber reaming or something and then not shooting them to see where they hit after the change?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think they might be using a laser device in the chamber to determine relative POA.

They could have made an adjustment inside the pistol that would affect POI.

They might possibly be changing the front sight after any adjustments to barrel lockup or one of the many other variables that can affect POI.

What did you have them do to the pistol when you sent it back ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts