1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've carried one for a couple of years and love it. If you do a search for that knife at bladeforums.com, or knifeforums, I think you'll see some of the highest praise given for any production folder available.

They're stout with a great lockup, razor sharp edge (that touches up nicely), and the fit and finish is outstanding. I've seen more than one reviewer describe this excellent knife as "as close to custom as a production knife can get."

And although the full MSRP is about $180.00, it's pretty easy to find a new one in most of the trade/for sale forums for around $90.00 or less. A tremendous value, IMO. geegee

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
are they a good practical defense knife?
I own one and really like it, but as to whether it would make a good SD knife would probably be better answered by someone else, who has done so. I like the flat profile for concealment, the blade shape, and balance of the knife. What I don't like are the slick handle slabs. They should IMO have more grit, like a G10 or even rough Micarta.

I was thinking of ordering a set of Rob Simonich's "Gunner Grip" handles for them, but after his tragic accident and death in the past 10 days, I'm not so sure they'll be available. The Cutlery Shoppe was selling an Operator with the Gunner Grips already installed (as a special item), and I'll bet they're sweet. geegee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.