1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
My favorite is the CQB. It's pretty beat up looking due to a lot of hard usage. However, it still functions great. Next one I plan on purchasing? None at this time.

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
traevin

I cannot decide whether this one will be merchandise or a possession. That is one great thing about my retail business.

No, the Grips I intend to keep

Tactical Elite

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Pardon the fact I definately am not an American Handgunner photographer.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 02-28-2001).]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice one Terry...I really miss that old Wilson script. The current block letter font leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Terry--nice photo. I remember those grips and you told me something about them. Mastodon? Remind me on what they are and where they came from. And I'm surprised to hear you'd commit to keeping anything, Terry--you're the first one to say there's a price for everything! Heh, heh...

Back on subject. My favorite Wilson is the very first Wilson Thunder Ranch, #1 of 50 made, previously owned by Clint Smith. It's a very sweet shooter. But other than that one of a kind, I'd say my CQB Compact. A very nice gun. If I didn't own an LB TR Special, I'd buy the full size CQB.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 03-01-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
Paladin

The grips are surface elephant ivory and are the result of one three year search. They are a present from my wife and are one of a few possessions that are priceless.

The gun is nice but one thing about guns. There will always be another treasure out there.

I have mentioned this before and one of the great things about this little retail operation of mine and it is I get to have in my hands some of the best, most unique and historic pieces of 1911 art ever made. Some for longer periods than others.

One example of this is I got a bid in for the three surviving of the nine sent to California testing requirement that Scott, MacDougal and Associates put through SB15. I got a copy of the article/test results submitted for publishing by the same. I should get the guns some time next week.

Another example is I got the same Dane Burn's bug you did.

By the way what did you ever do with Wilson Thunder Ranch number 2. My Ed Brown 000002 need a companion.

Be safe

Terry
http://www.pt-partners.com

Be safe

Terry

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Terry--I still have the Wilson TR #2. Haven't decided to part with it yet. But make me an offer I can't refuse, my friend.

Now it's coming back to me on the stocks, I remember you telling me about them. Very nice. Now let's get your wife on the phone with mine come my birthday in September to talk "gifts".

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts