1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

I've been to the CD site many a time and have heard some of you here on the CD forum talking about "old" CD pistols.

The site says that the 'enhanced' line is new for 2001. I know of a few dealers in my are that stock CD and how can I tell if its an 'old' model or the 'enhanced' one. There arent any pic on the site of the 'old' ones.

Big Thanx

>>
Dodgie

·
Registered
671 Posts
I dont know when the enhanced started but you could identify it by its novak rear site, extended beavertail, wooden grips and I believe the serial no starts with the prefix CDXXXXXX.

Most members who have the enhanced model could fill you in on the other features.

vega

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also,
some of the "transition models" have the CD prefix in the SN and all improvements except sites and wood grips. These are supposed to be better????? I guess they made changes, but still had left over sites and grips to use up!!!

I have one of these. It is FS two tone and is a fine weapon. No problems at all. It has the CD prefix SN.
This is my first experience with CD and civillian 1911's as well, so take it for what it's worth, an opinion.

Apparently folks are haveing big problems with the earlier models?????? like I said, no problems here, but maybe I am lucky?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by vega:
you could identify it by its novak rear site,
From what I could tell by my "pre enhanced" and then the "enhanced" the replaced it with. The sites were the biggest difference. My Pre even had the wood grips (which is why originally I THOUGHT it was an enhanced). Rick at KBI did tell me that the dovetail on the new enhanced is different than the pre. So I don't think they had the option of parts swapping that item. my $.02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the replies. I'm waiting for a CD FS two-tone from an auction that I won and just assumed that it is 'enhanced' because the listing said it was NIB. It could be a few yrs old. I didn't think of asking.

Anyhow, It cost me $325 and lots of peeps said that its a fantastic deal even if it's not 'enhanced'. It's my first CD and 1911 and it was also my first choice out of all the other 1911.

I'll definitely let everyone know how it goes at the range. Regardless if it's 'enhanced' or not, me thinks I'll be getting another one. Anyone know a site where I can get them at the best price. A dealer in NJ is offering them at $461 NIB. That seems a bit much.

Big Thanx,

>>
Dodgie

------------------
I wonder if guns are like guitars.

Should a $2000 Custom make me shoot better compared to a $500 import?

I can play my $300 Jap guitar just as well as my $2000 Les Paul Custom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
depends what the dealer has to sell---if it would be an 'empire'ss, not too bad--if anything else he is high--i got a NIB Superior EFS ttone last week for 400--you can get the 'field grade'blue, for 30 or so less NIB--

·
Registered
113 Posts
All of our 1911 pistols have factory item numbers. All of our Enhanced models begin with CDGR6---. All of our pre-enhanced began with CDGR5---. This is the easiest way to tell the difference.

Regards and good shooting.

Charles Daly

·
Registered
121 Posts
Originally posted by Charles Daly:
All of our 1911 pistols have factory item numbers. All of our Enhanced models begin with CDGR6---. All of our pre-enhanced began with CDGR5---. This is the easiest way to tell the difference.

Regards and good shooting.

Charles Daly
I'm a bit confused myself. By your response above, are you saying that "item number" is the same as "serial number"? If that is the case, then I may have an issue. I purchased what I thought was an "enhanced" model back in April, but the serial number does not contain "CDGR6......", nor does it even contain "CDGR5......" as you cited for your "pre-enhanced" models. It has the wood grips, and the other bells and whistles y'all tout, but could you please explain further?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The item number can be found on the sticker that is on the carrying case. It is not the serial number on the gun.

If you are not sure what model you have, (sticker is missing or no case), email [email protected] with your serial number and we will be happy to identify it for you.

Charles Daly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts