1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I finished changing into civilian clothes and grabbed my DW to find chunks missing from my new IWB holster, I was heartbroken.
It's not a work of art like most of you kind gents, but it is my first holster and I like it just fine.

When my puppy ate my shoes, I was mad but...when my puppy ruined my DW's home inside my pants...I looked up at the sky and said WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You forgot the pic's.. :)

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Why? Cuz he's a puppy. Sorry about the holster, but it's a small price to pay for a faithful friend.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yep. That scat happens. Dont leave any ammo layin around. :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NAMVET you say that until I tell you I come home to find out she's found her way into my bedroom and shat on my Class A's.

The shoes she ruined were my Class A's too. She's going for the full cycle...*%($&$#Y&$Y&#.

Pics taken and coming soon, to a dog pound near you...

·
Registered
190 Posts
My black lab, when he was a pup, did some truly awful things that we, as reasonable people never thought possible. How he took the Christmas wreaths off the windows, chewed them and sh** on them I'll never understand. Great dogs but crazy puppies.

Now that he is older, a little slower when climbing the steps and not much for a game of fetch ... heartbreaking.

Although we may never see those behaviors as truly funny, I know well miss it all.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just remember, there are no bad dogs.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man, that's a bummer.

When my oldest dog was a pup, he had a bad habit of chewing on our Cherry wood Coffee and Sofa Tables, and the legs of our dining room table. He absolutely destroyed them, it was like a beaver had gotten loose in my house. So, I went out and bought a new table set... Made of blocks of Travertine... I sat him down in front of them and told him to go for it, he never touched a table again... however he soon after chewed through my SVD sling that I can't find an accurate replacement for.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That's too bad man. Bottom line - you'll end up with 10 different holsters, and your class A shoes can be replaced, but that dog will grow with you and be by your side for years to come. 10 years from now, you won't even remember that holster, but that dog will by laying by your chair waiting for you to move so he can go with you. They are called man's best friend for a reason. Take a breath, let the pup know he screwed up and go forward.
Good luck!
Sarge

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
that's too bad man. Bottom line - you'll end up with 10 different holsters, and your class a shoes can be replaced, but that dog will grow with you and be by your side for years to come. 10 years from now, you won't even remember that holster, but that dog will by laying by your chair waiting for you to move so he can go with you. They are called man's best friend for a reason. Take a breath, let the pup know he screwed up and go forward.
Good luck!
Sarge
+1 well said

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dog, a 3 year old Boston Terrier, when he was about 2, chewed up my $100 set of sure in-ear headphones, because my oldest daughter left them in her bedroom floor. When I found them all chewed up, I showed them too him and he dropped his head in shame and cowered down. I then took off my belt and beat the piss out of him "literally!"

It's about a year later now and he hasn't chewed on anything that hasn't been given to him specifically for that purpose.

By the way, he still hides behind my wife when I take my belt off. :rock:

I don't condone beating your animals, but they need to know who's the alpha male.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
NAMVET you say that until I tell you I come home to find out she's found her way into my bedroom and shat on my Class A's.

The shoes she ruined were my Class A's too. She's going for the full cycle...*%($&$#Y&$Y&#.

Pics taken and coming soon, to a dog pound near you...
Well it is partially your fault, most people knows that puppies do that until they are grown up and learn to wait to go outside to their business. I hope you learned your lesson by now.................

Clyde

·
Premium Member
6,670 Posts
Good thread. I am picking up a puppy on Sat. (hopefully)

I need to go thru the house.....

Ed, the dog didn't leave the headphones on the floor, did he? Why beat the dog?

Bob

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
My dog, a 3 year old Boston Terrier, when he was about 2, chewed up my $100 set of sure in-ear headphones, because my oldest daughter left them in her bedroom floor. When I found them all chewed up, I showed them too him and he dropped his head in shame and cowered down. I then took off my belt and beat the piss out of him "literally!"

It's about a year later now and he hasn't chewed on anything that hasn't been given to him specifically for that purpose.

I don't condone beating your animals, but they need to know who's the alpha male.

Ed....I had Rott trained by a member of the KCPD K-9 unit. Up front they told me, "If you EVER hit your dog,....Your gone"! Hittin' a dog is how you produce "fear bitters". Much better methods to show who's alpha. Just sumpin' to tink about. :) BTW: When the dog was fully trained....he would go BANG everytime upon my German commands.:eek:

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
One day many years ago, I came home for lunch and took off my duty gun belt and briefly put it in a chair in the living room… a few minutes later I asked my wife “Hey, where’s Duke?” (our new Great Dane puppy), she looked out the kitchen window and said “he’s in the backyard chewing some stick or something”.

I looked out in the back yard and saw that dog just going crazy chewing away on the wooden grip of my loaded S&W M58… still strapped in the holster on the gun belt. She had grabbed it off the chair, and taken it out the dog door before I even knew she was in the house…

I still keep that gnawed up Hogue Cocobolo Monogrip on the top shelf in my safe to remind me that I’ve always got to store weapons properly, even if it is for only a second. Every time I see those grips with all the teeth marks, I chuckle and have fond memories of that dog (though it took many years before I could chuckle about it)…

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

Just my opinion, but because your daughter didn't put the headphones where they belong and your dog acted like a dog, he got a beating, I think thats sad. Like I said, just my opinion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm sorry, but I to have that same opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts