1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard any details on this? I'm not sure I want to buy one right away until the have proven themselves but I'm pretty interested.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I am still awaiting my first shipment. It is a couple of weeks overdue, butthey should be in anytime, now. They have chosen good components off which to build. As long as good specs and gunsmiths prevail, I am sure these will be fine guns.

Damian

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
dubb-1, is there any still available in your first shipment? If so save me one and let me know. I usually don't buy sight unseen, but AZ Husker's post and knowing Sig wants to make a good impression with their first ones has me convienced it will be good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When it first became known that SIG would be making a 1911 I called my SIG rep and he told me that it would be available in late December ('03). A few weeks ago the SIG LE rep came by with some know guns, and while he didn't have the 1911, its not being sold as an LE gun, he also said that it would be out in late December. It is still not out, but it will hopefully be soon.

The one that really has me interested is the H&K 1911. They hired Larry Vickers to help them design it so it should be awesome.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My dealer friend who is the top Sig dealer in Colorado has been allocated only two Sig 1911's in the first shipment of 1000. He is awaiting delivery in the near term. Both of the Sigs have been spoken for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know the price?

Does anyone know what are the really going to be selling for? And also how many are estimated for production?
Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Called Sig last week (jan2) and they said they will start shipping out Jan 15, to distributers and authorized dealers, I guess. MSRP is $1044. I hope actual cost is lower than that.

Has anyone had a chance to fire one, demo, etc?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured the price would be fairly low but not that low! That could offer a real challenge to Kimber if produced in quantity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts