1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,187 Posts
Those French Walnut grips have really nice figuring of the grain, gorgeous. I see you have the same disease as I do - I seem to have to get a new gun to go with a set of left-over grips that didn't quite work as intended on the previous pistol...(humor)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir the right grips are key to an awesome 1911. Matching comfort/feel, personal preference and fit is a fun part of the build process.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
For me:
For appearance the French Walnut.
For function / best fit, either the G-10's or the French Walnut.
Ivory just doesn't do it for me anymore for some reason, although when I was younger I did prefer ivory.
If i could shoot good, I probably would like ivory a lot more on some of my guns.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GW I sort of agree about the ivory (sort of) I just haven't admitted it to myself yet. I love the way smooth or checkered slimline ivory feels though.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Three very diffierent types of grips, each of which adds a distinct appeal to the pistols.

G10, Walnut, Ivory = Win, Win, Win!

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
For me:
For appearance the French Walnut.
For function / best fit, either the G-10's or the French Walnut.
Ivory just doesn't do it for me anymore for some reason, although when I was younger I did prefer ivory. Highlighting the Super Grade moniker, no way. That should have gone out with coloring your tire lettering. Way too '80's for me.
I don't think he highlighted the Supergrade engraving. I believe that's just the lighting.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Many thanks, Live2Ride for the correction, & my apologies to the OP for my "over the top" comments. It's early, I'm old & have both cataracts & Glaucoma. I will edit both my attitude & my post. Beautiful guns, BTW. I also own a Classic SG & am proud to own one.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I like the G10 Aggressive starburst. If you going to shoot it that is what i use. those you have you said are Davidson's but same pattern as Aggressive starburst. I just ordered a new SG and put those grips on it with silver medallions because your's looked so good.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Mine were/are called sunrise... The pattern is opposite of the starburst. Both awesome!
Is he still making grips ? I would love to have a pair of those sunrise. Thought I head he had closed shop ??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts