1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know where the Colt pistols are made today...I was told there not made in the USA anymore and havent been for awhile.

·
Registered
634 Posts
All of the guns are machined and built in West Hartford. Corporate offices as well as manufacturing facility is located a few short miles from the original Colt building.

CMCI
545 New Park Ave.
West Hartford CT. 06110

·
Administrator
79,363 Posts
I simply can't believe the rumors that are floating around regarding Colts these days. For example several forums are spreading the rumor that Colts now use investment-cast frames and slides.

Who STARTS all this B.S.????? :mad:

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
dsk said:
I simply can't believe the rumors that are floating around regarding Colts these days. For example several forums are spreading the rumor that Colts now use investment-cast frames and slides.

Who STARTS all this B.S.????? :mad:
Springfield and Kimber dealers...:hrm:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was at a gun show in Reno and an old guy that sells nothing but old Colts told me this. I always thought they were made in the USA but he really thru me. Im not trying to start a war here, I was just very surprised when he told me and I wanted to know.

·
Administrator
79,363 Posts
He may have also been feeding you B.S. about new Colts to create more interest in the old ones he had for sale.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DSK that could be, he has alot of nice series 70 1911s and the old 6 shooter types. Like I said it really surprised me. I had never heard that before. Thanks everyone for all the input.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are any of the parts made in a foreign country? Like maybe the firing pin, or extractor, or sights ...?

The reason I ask is that my genuine American made Harley has Japanese shocks and forks, Japanese brakes, Australian wheels, a Japanese carb, Japanese electronics, Taiwanese mirrors, and French tires. Yet it's advertised as "American."

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Fraser said:
Are any of the parts made in a foreign country? Like maybe the firing pin, or extractor, or sights ...?

The reason I ask is that my genuine American made Harley has Japanese shocks and forks, Japanese brakes, Australian wheels, a Japanese carb, Japanese electronics, Taiwanese mirrors, and French tires. Yet it's advertised as "American."
it also has a german designed motor too.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I know of only 2 parts on the model O that are not US made, that is the now infamous plunger tube from the Netherlands; the second part is the plastic MSH, they come from Toronto.

On the revolver side, the rear sight used on the Python and Anaconda also come from the Netherlands.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why not put something like this in the manual:
Thank you for purchasing the Colt's O1991. We are pleased that you have chosen one of the Colt's finest handguns. Following the tradition, this firearm was made in USA, in our West Hartford plant ... then blah blah blah so on and so on
This may beneficiary because,
  • thanking the customer
  • marketing/selling point of MADE IN USA
  • Shutdown silly rumours like this.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I highly agree with identifying the country of origin "Made in the USA" but I would put it on the exterior box label.

Of course I would also like to see an "Approved for California" sticker on all of them Colts (starting with the NRM Commanders) but that is a another topic :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.