1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of some good places to find a nice looking leather gunbelt that is stout enough to hold up a fullsize 1911 all day but not too fat...and does not stand out as a gunbelt?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wilson Combat has some good belts. I think they are even having a sale on leather right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alessi Leather. Don't think their site is up yet but Lou will e-mail you a picture. Very nice belt!

Tim

·
Registered
352 Posts
www.miltsparks.com

------------------
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

·
Registered
3,084 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
www.kramerleather.com

Get the double thickness horse hide, but make sure you get it in a size you plan to stay at, because you probably will never have to replace it. Horse hide is less porous than cowskin and stretches less. It will take some time to break in but when it does it will be a reliable component of a good rig.

·
Super Moderator
13,572 Posts
Just received my sharkskin belt from Rafters Gunleather. Excellent workmanship and very reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
13,572 Posts
After receiving the sharkskin belt on 10/22, I ordered a cowhide belt for a friend from Rafter S. I received it today, exactly 2 weeks later. The belt is strong, sturdy, good looking and well made. I recommend Rafter S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear JMAC:
I just received one that Rudy Lozano from Black Hills Leather custom made for me. It is a dream! Have to wait two week's but it was worth it. There are many people out there that make gunleather as a business but at Black Hills the Lozano's family goes back to "Pancho Villa days. They have been making gunleather for generations for Rudy Lozano gunleather making is not only a way of life but I can tell you from the work that he did for me, it is in the genes!
The Shootist

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone use the Bulman Gunleather TSAF? Looks like it is super cozy for conceal carry in the kidney and small of back area. Tough call as to which holster to choose, money isnot an object for holsters to me...gotta have whatever is safe and comfortable...any other recommendations? I have a Springfield Ultra Compact (3.5") Please help, all this leather has me in a tizzy... thanks fellas

·
Registered
118 Posts
Little Feather Leather!!!!!!!

Chris Brown of Little Feather Leather is the best bargain for the money anywhere! As good as Mitch Rosen for half the money!

Check out his website at http://www.littlefeatherleather.com

He's making a reverse carry IWB small of the back holster for my new Springfield TRP and I've seen other pieces of work by this man. He's awesome! Just check the website or call him up! He'll talk for a good long while about making exactly what you want!:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts