1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Are referring the the modern Browning hunting rifle or the classic military rifle?

If the former, then I'd check GunBroker or AuctionArms.

If the latter, then Ohio Ordnance makes a great one:

Ohio Ordnance

Unless you're talking about an actual surplus machine gun...

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
And if you are talking about the original, get ready to pony up. They start around $20K.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
And if you're talking about a TAVERN, might as well make it a gentlemen's club, eh?:biglaugh: Seriously, best of luck....

·
Registered
504 Posts
My 1918A3 Ohio Ordnance works semi-auto BAR. John Scott is OO's dealer, he's a GREAT guy to work with. I paid $2495 and he accommodated my (a bit lengthy) payment plan.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got to hold one last tuesday, also saw 2 more new in cosmoleen, never used. Also saw almost new Colt and Styre ACR's, HK G11's, not to mention a ton of other military firearms and morters; and to think that the Army is just letting all that good stuff sit there and do nothing. The USMC armory here uses all the weapons we have.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Rrotz, that is one sweet looking rifle. :cool: I bet you get lots of attention when you bring it to the range. How's it shoot?

·
Registered
504 Posts
GI-45 said:
Rrotz, that is one sweet looking rifle. :cool: I bet you get lots of attention when you bring it to the range. How's it shoot?
Thanky! It's a sweet shooter, but a bit picky on ammo......kinda funky headspacing. It likes only military surplus .06 and light strikes anything commercial that I've tried to feed it. So, I've been feeding it a steady diet of Lake City and Korean .06.

Lord help me when I goto the range. Everyone wants to shoot it. :cool:

It holds about 3 inch groups at 100 when on the bench. Prone, I can take my time and line up 2 inch shots.

·
Registered
315 Posts
BAR

Thats Kewl. I need one! Still working on getting my Thompson/Kahr .45 M1

·
Registered
396 Posts
M1991A1 said:
SGT45, have you seen the new "short bbl" model available now. You have to pay the $200 transfer fee and it's a bit more pricey but it looks alot better.

http://tommygun.com/ao_m1sb_f.html
I hope you don't mind if I but in and ask some seemingly stupid questions here.

What is the $200 transfer fee for. They really don't explain on the website. I thought that fee was for NFA weapons. Is it NFA?

Edit: Duh, I just realized it's the barrel length.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
What's up with the black buttstock?
In 1942, they began producing BARs with black plastic stocks (known as "bakelite").

·
Registered
315 Posts
THOMPSON M1

M1991A1 said:
SGT45, have you seen the new "short bbl" model available now. You have to pay the $200 transfer fee and it's a bit more pricey but it looks alot better.

http://tommygun.com/ao_m1sb_f.html
M, Yes I did see it. I am investigating getting one,if the price is right w/ the transfer/tax fee.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts