1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a cone to turn a regular barrel into a bull barrel ?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wilson used to have them, they call them barrel flanges, and they look just like those orange cones (except smaller), and they are threaded onto the muzzle end of the barrels to make regular barrels into bull barrels.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just buy another barrel. If it were a profitable venture, cones would be sold on eBay.
The problem is it's for the new Staccato 9mm P model, it's a 4.5" bull barrel, so a normal 5" bull barrel would not fit correctly (ASSUMED not CONFIRMED), and I want to fit an extra barrel to it for different caliber (9x23), and they would not sell me one.

They said the barrel also has lifetime warranty even from usage. BUT I already reamed this one into 9x23 (get no satisfaction from pulling the trigger on a 9mm), like it so much that I want a spare, also wonder if they would replace the barrel for free when the time comes since I reamed it out.

I do not mind buying another barrel at all, in fact I rather buy a barrel than sending the gun away and wait for it to return, because I shoot a lot even right now, I shoot with couple guys that do very well financially and they buy primers and I load the ammo.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,642 Posts
Check out EGW's conversion cone.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think once you reamed out the barrel for 9mm Largo, you tore up any guarantee on the barrel at that time.
Does not really bother me that much, I did not expect them to warranty the barrel from usage in the beginning, I was willing to buy an extra one and fit it myself because I really hate to send the gun off, but they would not sell it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd just do a new bull barrel.
I don't think you know the whole thing with the bull barrels set up.
This gun has 4.5" slide, so a Commander bull barrel would not work, and I don't think the Government bull barrel will work either, and that is the reason I need the barrel cone to make a 4.5" bull barrel from a regular 5" barrel.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This gun has 4.5" slide, so a Commander bull barrel would not work, and I don't think the Government bull barrel will work either, and that is the reason I need the barrel cone to make a 4.5" bull barrel from a regular 5" barrel.

I can see that my first contribution to the thread was my greatest, so I'll leave y'all to it. Best wishes (y)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I believe KKM sells 4.5" bull barrels. The EGW conversion cone will work too, have used many of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts