1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Clinton at some point put a stop to norinco import but that is pretty much all I know.
if someone could fill me in on the the situation and more importantly how I could get a hold of one it would be most appreciated. also, does it matter what state I live in? if it does I live in San Francisco, CA.

thanks
/erik

great forum you guys got going here. I just found it and like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Try looking at gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com. There are a few other auction sites out there but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I don't know if they are legal in CA or not but you may want to look in to it before you track one down and get your hopes up. Yes they are no longer imported into the states but are plentiful up in our neighbors to the north. Seems to me though that the demand for Norincos has gotten a little higher now and people are jacking up there prices. Well good luck on your search.

Tried to email you some websites that have them for sale but you no have email available

------------------
"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty..we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and wen on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!" Col. Nathan R. Jessep

[This message has been edited by Lupey (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Let me remind you why the Norinco is considered so great. Because it is considered for a custom platform because of lack of Colt S80 safety. The 1991 is a better gun even with the S80 safety. This might sound biased so let me put it another way. Colt is the leading manufacturer of 1911 pistols of all time. An agreement was made with the Chinese, Spanish, Phillapenos, Mexicans, Italians, Portaricans, French, Germans, Africans etc. etc. to a limited on demand shipment. What it meant to american firearms(Colt, Springfield, Thompson, Ruger etc.). Was show your a$$ and take it like a ***. Just kidding I think they are cheap metal. But to each his own.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
1: I am sure that Norincos are not on the approved list of pistols in California. No importer to submit them for testing.

2: Finding one will take a search of the on line auction sites and reading Gun List and the ShotGun News. Advertising for one at 1911 Forum will get the thread deleted. Board policy.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for the info.

sounds like I will have to find something else.
the reason I was interested in the norinco in the first place was because I hear it is suitable as custom platform and it's low price.

but since the norinco is out of the question, is there another alternative with the same qualities.
that is suitable as custom platform and affordable.

tanks
/erik

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Sistima 27....

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Jim V, I am guessing your comments are due to the age of the Systema Colt 1927. I further assume you mean that it is acceptable because it was made prior to California's new law. I bought a 1927 for a beater (car gun) and I am here to tell you a Norinco 1911A1 is a better pistol. If you ever think the factory sights on the Norinco are bad try the 1927's. I couldn't see them to pattern it. The 1927 isn't cheap to bring up to speed as a beater. Mine is at Marianne Carniak's getting Novak Sights etc. to the tune of $325. It only takes a match bushing and trigger job to make me happy with a Norinco. Excuse the rant. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Sure the sights on a Sistima are poor compaired to those on a Norinco but since Eric was looking for a pistol in the same price range that was on the CA approved list, I suggested one of them.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Jim V, it doesn't help if you can't see the sights. I am sure the Springfield 1911A1(loaded) or Auto Ordnance is a better pistol for an entry level than a 1927. Not picking a fight but this is true. Regards, Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts