1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get Baer sized slotted grip screws. I want to get a set carved for my TRS. Blued slotted screws are hard enough to find, add Baer sized screws to the equation and it becomes darned near impossible. I ordered a set which were going to go on the TRS but the heads are too small, and it doesn't look right. so they will go on the Kimber.

In any case you should check out:
http://engravingbyangela.com/Grip Screws 1.htm
Angela does the engraving all by hand and she is a pleasure to work with. When I figure out how to post a picture I'll post pics of the first order she sent. A lot of the guns I see pics of here are just gorgeous, this is an economical finishing touch.

Ric

·
Registered
502 Posts
Seems Les Baer Custom might have a few "Baer sized" slotted grip screws laying around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Baer Custom and they do not have blued screws for the thin grips. :confused:
That was the first place I checked. They have no idea where to get them either?? With so many manufacturers going to hex the slotted screws are getting more and more scarce.

Ric

·
Banned
549 Posts
Brownells has two items;
Altamont slimtech grip screws #064-110-004, regretably you will have to buy the set with bushings.
other ones are Navidrex or alumagrip, blued set,#080-000-074
Hope the above helps
regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts