1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... military surplus 7.62x51 (NATO) ammo that is non-corrosive and boxer-primed? Can I find such stuff? If there is such stuff to be had, anyone have a vendor to suggest?

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
27,686 Posts
Hirtenberger is reloadable. Most of the other surplus is not. Ammoman has some, try century arms, Natchez shooting supply, Tennessee guns, Mid south shooting supply.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
861 Posts
What BillD said... Hirtenberger. I got a 200-round sealed pack at a gun show recently and have shot about 20 rounds. So far, so good.

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
If you still need more sources, www.cheaperthandirt.com has about 5 pages of .308 ammo including reloadable non-corrosive ammo. Hope this helps.

------------------
Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem. -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all the help. I haven't actually bought any ammo yet, but it looks as if I can get Hirtenberger ammo in both .308 and 8mm, which sounds good to me. So thanks, folks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts