1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I do admire your courage. Being able to talk about if and all.... I have three daughters, a set of identical twins age 19, and the older one who is now 23.

All three are working in a whore house. Nice place, they say.

If I had a son with an interest in Glocks, I honestly don’t think that I would be able to disclose it. Must have a great therapist for you to make such a disclosure, here no less.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unfortunately, at some point they listen more to their buddies then the parents. Until they wise up down the road and realize the parents are smarter.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
You made the mistake by giving him the choice. Should have surprised him with a Wilson.
This ^^^

Today's young folks have too many choices, plus "social" media decreases their need to make decisions. They can just accept the advice of people they like

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 991199

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scubadad, I feel your pain. I've got two sons also and they both bought plastic pistols. Where did we go wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
You guys are going to (even) miss them Glocks when they all eventually go to the smelter.

Let that little fact sink in as you yuck things up here.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I think I failed as a parent. My youngest son who I got certified for scuba at age 11. Taught him how to shoot handguns and rifles. Bought him a sks for his 14th birthday and a mosin for his 16th and a ruger black hawk in 44mag for the 18th. Well today he bought a glock 19. Really a glock? I thought I taught him well.

Now I have to decide which son I am more proud of. The one who bought tupperware or the one who is in county jail for the 9th time. Glad my baby making days are over.
Kids have to learn to be responsible for their decisions. 🥸👀❤😎

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well he can laugh all the way to the bank. you can get 2 Glock 19’s for the price of a 1911. As a young man I had to make some tough choices. Now that I am old and almost rich,(at least I was until bumbling Biden got elected), I can occasionally buy an expensive gun that doesn’t run any better than either of my Glock 19‘s.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Scubadad, in my time on this forum I have noticed that you are polite, forthright, honest (to a fault). I am sure you did nothing wrong.

Without question, the wrong son is in jail. Whatever got him into jail for the 9th time, pales into insignificance, compared to the one that bought a Glock.

If the police here heard that I bought a Glock, I would be taken into custody. The rest of my firearms would be confiscated until they found good homes for them. In this jurisdiction, the purchase of a Glock is a non bailable offense. Near as I can tell. In addition, my LGS would ban me for life.

My sympathies. I know that this is a painful time for you and your family.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I failed as a parent. My youngest son who I got certified for scuba at age 11. Taught him how to shoot handguns and rifles. Bought him a sks for his 14th birthday and a mosin for his 16th and a ruger black hawk in 44mag for the 18th. Well today he bought a glock 19. Really a glock? I thought I taught him well.

Now I have to decide which son I am more proud of. The one who bought tupperware or the one who is in county jail for the 9th time. Glad my baby making days are over.
Those Tupperware containers are great for storing all kinds of gun part stuff, snap on that lid and they don't jump out and run away

·
Registered
28 Posts

Grown men carry steel guns, plastic is for quirt guns. Jeff Cooper . But at least he bought a gun and it sounds like a good collection.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts

Sounds like the 9ne in jail git your brains and judgment.;)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts