1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I have heard nothing but good things about these Gold Cups. How do they stack up as far as accuracy and such against names like Wilson and Baer? Lastly, where can a guy in Texas find one?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
They're not too hard to find... You might look around locally, or you could check out http://www.gunsamerica.com. There's usually a few listed there, although prices may be higher than average.

The older Gold Cup National Match's are probably some of the better built Colt's, though I have seen a few of the Gold Cup Trophy's that didn't look bad.

You can't really compare a Gold Cup with a Wilson, or a Baer. While the Semi "Custom Shop" production quality is probably better overall, they are different.

The Gold Cup has a unique Sear/Disconnector and Trigger, and is not generally built to as tight a spec as something like a Premier 2 or a Super Grade, of course, they're also much less that a Super Grade.

·
Registered
474 Posts
jtgolfer,
Talk to your local dealer. They may be able to help you locate one. You didn't tell us where you are located. Maybe we could help you further with some more info.

------------------

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Check with Bachman Guns in Dallas, it anyone has one they will.

·
Registered
633 Posts
B&S Guns in Mesquite and Schramms Guns & Ammo has the stainless and I think the blue. SPS Guns in Carrollton has the blue and Irving Firearms had stainless. Bachman did not have any this week.

B&S and Schramms has the lowest prices of the dealers mentioned. Irving Firearms had the highest prices.

Got my SS Gold Cup Trophy last week and it has been flawless. I just can't shoot this gun enough, even going to the range after work!!!! I just love this gun!!!!

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought a new one yesterday and took it out and love it! First three shoots were dead center at 25 feet with no missfeeds. I bought it because the 1911A1 repo I ordered came in at a higher price the new GC Trophy. I feel I made the right choice. Good luck. MD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts