1911Forum banner

Where do I get a Gold Cup?

847 6
First of all, I have heard nothing but good things about these Gold Cups. How do they stack up as far as accuracy and such against names like Wilson and Baer? Lastly, where can a guy in Texas find one?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
They're not too hard to find... You might look around locally, or you could check out http://www.gunsamerica.com. There's usually a few listed there, although prices may be higher than average.

The older Gold Cup National Match's are probably some of the better built Colt's, though I have seen a few of the Gold Cup Trophy's that didn't look bad.

You can't really compare a Gold Cup with a Wilson, or a Baer. While the Semi "Custom Shop" production quality is probably better overall, they are different.

The Gold Cup has a unique Sear/Disconnector and Trigger, and is not generally built to as tight a spec as something like a Premier 2 or a Super Grade, of course, they're also much less that a Super Grade.

·
Registered
622 Posts
B&S Guns in Mesquite and Schramms Guns & Ammo has the stainless and I think the blue. SPS Guns in Carrollton has the blue and Irving Firearms had stainless. Bachman did not have any this week.

B&S and Schramms has the lowest prices of the dealers mentioned. Irving Firearms had the highest prices.

Got my SS Gold Cup Trophy last week and it has been flawless. I just can't shoot this gun enough, even going to the range after work!!!! I just love this gun!!!!

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought a new one yesterday and took it out and love it! First three shoots were dead center at 25 feet with no missfeeds. I bought it because the 1911A1 repo I ordered came in at a higher price the new GC Trophy. I feel I made the right choice. Good luck. MD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.