1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somethings I will never understand. Like why one would take their gun out in public. Man drops gun while trying on pants in a Walmart dressing room. That evil gun apparently was dead set on shooting someone, because it capped this guy in the leg.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/man-accid...cle_c4d656f2-9c9b-11eb-8bdc-4b71e9d3412e.html

Guy might have saved himself some money and a trip to the emergency room if he had just bought the pants and tried them on at home. Last I checked Walmart still has a good return policy. Hopefully he will face criminal charges for being stupid and be required to be dope slapped by everyone who shops at Walmart.

Its no wonder we can’t have Constitutional Carry in Tennessee.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Hmmm. It just went off? Hits floor, fires, bullet goes through the back of his leg and lodged in his ankle? Considering the sad state of journalism, I dont want to outright say something doesnt line up, but I wonder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I dont want to outright say something doesnt line up, but I wonder.
Looks like his leg and the muzzle lined up alright.

I wonder too: old SIG P320, the one that's perfectly safe and not recalled but could be upgraded to a double-perfectly safe 320 on a voluntary basis? Another lawsuit against SIG in 3, 2, 1...?
Colt 1903? Old CZ? New CZ with Cajun parts? So many choices, so few answers.

Reactions: Austin_TX

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't have a drop test requirment in Tennessee, so I suspect the gun manufactures are selling off the failed drop test guns to unsuspected buyers in Tennessee. I think this is the 3rd local story in about a month where a gun fired shooting the owner after he drops it and it, "just goes off." Hopefully he will get disqualified from shopping at Walmart.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
We don't have a drop test requirment in Tennessee, so I suspect the gun manufactures are selling off the failed drop test guns to unsuspected buyers in Tennessee.
You're in the same boat as people from 48 states since only CA, MA and NY require drop safety standards.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
What a weird thing to happen.

It probably is me, but I have known my pants size for a long, long time. Dude doesn't know his pant size?

This dude doesn't and also does not secure his weapon first?

What, he forget his weapon was in his pants?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Some how I don't think the perp ever read or watched a video on proper holster usage. Since he had it stuffed into his pants, I suspect he did not have a holster.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmmm. It just went off? Hits floor, fires, bullet goes through the back of his leg and lodged in his ankle? Considering the sad state of journalism, I dont want to outright say something doesnt line up, but I wonder.

You saying that youve never dropped a gun on the ceiling?

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Idiots making huge mistakes with firearms is as old a 'thing' as firearms themselves. Look at the comments from 'gunfighters' in the old west about the 'amateurs' who would load all six chambers in a single action and them proceed to shoot their horse, themselves, or bystanders when dropping or mishandling them. Idiocy is as intrinsic to the human condition as walking upright. Some strive to overcome it, avoid it, or minimize it. Others embrace it and hold it up in all its glory for others to gaze upon with awe!! Yes, the 'idiots' are here to stay! :cautious: :cautious: :cautious:

And journalism went the way of the Dodo years ago. What's left is mere piles of horse crap masquerading as words in an article!

·
Super Moderator
16,003 Posts
Idiots making huge mistakes with firearms is as old a 'thing' as firearms themselves. Look at the comments from 'gunfighters' in the old west about the 'amateurs' who would load all six chambers in a single action and them proceed to shoot their horse, themselves, or bystanders when dropping or mishandling them. Idiocy is as intrinsic to the human condition as walking upright. Some strive to overcome it, avoid it, or minimize it. Others embrace it and hold it up in all its glory for others to gaze upon with awe!! Yes, the 'idiots' are here to stay! :cautious: :cautious: :cautious:

And journalism went the way of the Dodo years ago. What's left is mere piles of horse crap masquerading as words in an article!
Sadly, you are right on both counts - idiocy is as intrinsic to human behavior as walking upright; some pay attention and learn from it and minimize it while others plod on through their entire life ignoring it and repeating the same stupid stuff daily. :oops::oops::oops:
And journalism went the way of the Dodo back in the late 50's/early 60's.

Reactions: cavelamb

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Maybe I'm in the minority- but if you can't try on a pair of pants without a ND, you shouldn't be carrying anyway, regardless of where you get dressed. And if you are in that camp, maybe you shouldn't ever use a restroom outside your own home.

I ran errands with my wife on Monday- and you guessed it, ended up in a dressing room. Business as usual, just like at home. Bought some dressy shorts and no one got shot, flagged or made to feel uncomfortable. It's just not that hard. If you are responsible enough to carry a gun, you ought to be able to dress yourself, too. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
You're in the same boat as people from 48 states since only CA, MA and NY require drop safety standards.
You might want to count the states again.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Maybe I'm in the minority- but if you can't try on a pair of pants without a ND, you shouldn't be carrying anyway, regardless of where you get dressed. And if you are in that camp, maybe you shouldn't ever use a restroom outside your own home.

I ran errands with my wife on Monday- and you guessed it, ended up in a dressing room. Business as usual, just like at home. Bought some dressy shorts and no one got shot, flagged or made to feel uncomfortable. It's just not that hard. If you are responsible enough to carry a gun, you ought to be able to dress yourself, too. :cautious:
Indeed, an IWB holster with clips makes it awful easy to stay fully safe.

Then again my carry belt is a lot more annoying to thread/unthread so if I am planning on trying on pants I need to wear a different belt/holster anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts

The grip must have been made of silly putty to bounce so high for him to be shot at that angle. 😮

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Not true- even an 80 series goes off when the trigger is pressed.

"The bullet fired hit the man in the back of his leg and then lodged in his ankle." Not a drop. ;)
On top of the series 80 pin and the thumb safety is engaged , plus the grip has not been depressed I find it extremely hard for a 1911 to go off when the gun just falls out of your pants .
There is a reason there are all those safety's designed in the 1911 .
If it does , then there is something wrong with it in my opinion .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts