1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Wolf spring kit in a 1911 Series 70 and have one spring left over. So far I have installed the recoil spring, mainspring, firing pin spring, magazine release spring, the spring that is attached to the plungers that affect the thumb safety and slide lock, and the big three-pronged trigger/sear/grip safety spring. I have one small coil spring remaining. Where does it go?

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Mag release. Square the ends for smoother function.

·
Registered
192 Posts
From the title of the thread I thought this discussion was going to be more along the lines of, "I was detail stripping my 1911 and the danged (fill in the blank) spring shot past my head and now I can't find it anywhere. Where DO springs go when they shoot off? Maybe they're eloping with my missing socks."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Another vote for the series 80 firing pin block. I list the sear pin the second time I evetr detail stripped my 1911 and so I ordered an EGW complete pin set. It has pins that don't go in my 70 series RIA.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Or you could just go to the Wolff website and see:

Spring Service Packs
Type I - contains the following factory specification springs: factory weight recoil spring, firing pin spring (extra power), hammer spring, magazine catch spring, plunger tube spring, firing pin safety spring and sear spring.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Dang, missed mag release spring. Yeah series 80 lock work spring. Typically used on Gold Cup and Combat target with the wide heavy steelmtriggers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts