1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uh...where is our CD section of the forum? Please don't tell me it has been discontinued!

gunny

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Gunny, ya have to put up with me in OTHER 1911's.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
331 Posts
I too will miss the Chuck section but in all fairness we wern't using much of late.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel the same way. Although I realize it go so few posts. What if in the "other" section we used a code that prefaced the title like "CD-" so we would know which were the CD posts?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I would certainly use "CD" in the title of any CD related post to clue people in.

Although I'm overstepping my authority here, I'd say the forum would come back to life if our CD owners would multiply by a factor of 25 or so.

There were only a handful of us posting in the CD forum except when major CD bashng occured.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Would one of the moderators be so kind as to explain this deletion to me? If memory serves me, the CD section had over 1000 posts showing. The "How to / FAQ" section has been around for quite some time now and only has 15 posts. None in the past 10 days.

Thanks

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with Baer1911. It was amazing to see the CD forum catching up to the other "big name" forums. I own a Kimber as well and always thought that the Kimber forum could not compete with the information exchange we shared in the Charles Daly forum. I agree the CD forum got a little slow for awhile, but why does it need to be deleted?

gunny

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The CD forum had one thing that no other forum had....Charles Daly themselves were on the moderator team with Walking Point. Many CD owners were able to have an open line of communication straight to the top. Sorry if I seem rude, most of us just don't want to see a good thing end.

Now that the CD posts will be in "other 1911's", there will not be as much posting as before. Maybe the CD forum was slow due to most CD owners being happy w/their pistols.
When most people post, they post to air a gripe about something. In fact, I am guilty of it too. I rarely post the success I have had with my CD and Kimber.

gunny

·
Registered
199 Posts
It had a lot more posts than some others that are still out there.
A LOT MORE I don't get it.

I think it's apparent by this string alone.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
OK, I'm not a prick all the time (just most of the time
). You guys obviously have a lot of passion for the CD Forum. Therefore, I re-opened it.

Norinco (and the other forums that were shut down) on the other hand, will remain closed.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Lastly, the How To and FAQ forum isn't designed for volumes of posts. It contains threads that have valuable information that's often asked or can't be found elsewhere.

Les Baer, Caspian, Holsters Forums also have moderators that will get you answer directly from the source.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by gunny:
ArmySon,
Thank you very, very much!! I think all of us CD owners owe you a big pat on the back. Thanks once again, gunny
I'll second those Thanks!! I admit I didn't post there often, but I did read it everyday.
I promise to post more often.
Thanks again!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts