1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can buy five new factory Browning 13 round magazines for my 9mm? The mag I currently have has no markings on it, which is odd. I've seen some mags with a "FEG" sticker on them. What does that mean? Are those factory? Thanks for your help guys...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did not see any Browning factory mags advertised on Novak's site. I saw some Mec-Gars advertised. In my experience, Mec-Gars are very good mags, too. Worth buying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi.

Perhaps. But there's no guarantee that they use the same standards when producing mags for sale under their own brand, is there?

What do you think Browning would say?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Changj: Try http://www.cdnninvestments.com or you local gunshow. This past weekend I just picked up 20 South African 13 rounders for $19.99 each. Admittedly, the finish sucks, but then, if the magazine I buy isn't stainless then I have it hardchromed. I purchased 5 of these magazines a while back and after having them hard chromed I took them to the range and now, after several thousand rounds through my BHP MKIII and Kareen, their still a beauty to look at and function just as they did after the first magazine.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. True enough, Spiral, and I know that there were/are some differences in the Mec-Gar vs Mc-Gar/Browning magazines in forty caliber for the HP, but I've never noted in problems in the 9mm version. Due to the idiotic legislation in California, before the turn of the year, I took advantage of a sale on Mec-Gar 13 rnd 9mm HP magazines being overed by Old Sacramento Armoury. Got 15 at a very good price and all work perfectly.

Best and good shooting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A while back I bought a supply of 13rd promags that work very well for me, but I found the south African "KRD" 17rd's to be the best aftermarket hi-caps. I've used the KRD's in IPSC and general target practice w/o one single failure!
CDNN has them, and the factory 13rd'rs too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My vote goes w/ the Mec-Gars. Highly desirable.

More money, but you will be happy.

I wonder if the supply will ever dry up?
It would seem to me that the profit motive, even with Mec-Gars, would assure a continuing supply. Esp. when you have a significant number of people who believe the laws regarding this are fatuitous.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Are the So. African 15rd mags as good as their 17rd mags, and do they fit flush or extend like the 17 rd mags do?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Changi,

Sorry pal, like me, you live in Kalifornia. As of 1/01/02 it is illegal to sell(new or used) a mag with a capacity of more than 10 rounds. You cannot buy them out of state, and bring them in, as that would be "Importing" them. Your SOL, and will have to make do with 10 round mags
If it weren't for family, I'd be outa here!

------------------
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased a couple of BHPs in the 80's that came with extra mags - none of these mags had any marking on them. In fact I don't recall ever seeing a magazine that was maked "Browning" on them???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by jki:
- none of these mags had any marking on them. In fact I don't recall ever seeing a magazine that was marked "Browning" on them???
Here are the markings of a preban factory browning hicap (probably made in the late 80s or early 90s). Since the hipower has been in production for over fifty years, there are probably variations in factory mag markings.

[This message has been edited by spiral (edited 10-20-2001).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was looking at a recent Shotgun News, and saw "Alpha Trading Company" advertising preban 13rd hipower mags for $69. They didn't say they were factory, but considering the price, they might be.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts