1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Have your local lealer check with his suppliers. I was down at the gunshop yesterday waiting for my Colt to come in, and some dude was looking for an entry-level 1911 for his son. He told the owner what he was looking for and how much he was willing to pay. The store owner took the time to check all of the catalogs and compared prices, features, etc.

I remember them discussing the IAI but they quickly settled on the Dan Wesson Pointman Minor and called Wesson with some questions. The dude ordered the gun and was real happy with the service the store owner had provided. He really went the extra mile.

You could do much the same thing. Just go in and ask about the IAI. Your local dealer will probably check all of the prices from his suppliers and give you the best price on that M6000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just returned making a trade for a Ruger Bisley 45 Colt on a IAI M6000 blue. Although I don't like the fixed sights on the 1911 but I do like all the other features, such as the ambi safety. I also found 3 Chip McCormick 10 round mags for $24.00

Although not a Kimber, it will second as a match gun in a pinch for the "Steel Challenge" and IDPA.

10 X

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The Cleaner, I would say your best bet to find one is at a gunshow, and it will prob have a great price as well. I picked up their commander sized version, 2 toned with beavertail, throated and polished bbl, lowered port and I got all this at a gunshow for $279 plus tax and the $2 background check fee. This gun never fails to function and I use it just for casual fun plinking with the extremely cheap Wolf ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IAI M6000 on gunbroker

Just saw one on Gunbroker if anyone is looking for one. It has adjustable sights, and several hop-ups done to it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The early models with stars of David all over them were good guns. The current Phillipino made pistols are very problematic.

ranburr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts