1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having trouble finding bulk lead bullets for reloading. I live in a rule town in south GA called McRae. Does anyone know of a supplier in this area? Internet purchases have been considered but the shipping is crazy. Please help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try These Guys !!!!

Not that close, but you can try these guys, they stock reloading supplies:

Oconee Bait & Tackle Pawn Shop
Phone: 478-272-3551
754 Central Dr
East Dublin, GA 31027

·
Banned
750 Posts
Try calling Tommy with Georgia Precision, 1-888-741-8259. While he may not sell pistol bullets, he has a lot of contacts and may be able to steer you in a good direction.

Dave in Oakwood, GA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oconee Bait & Tackle Pawn Shop

They carry reloading supplies but they don't carry bulk pistol bullets. They are actually not far away though about 35 mile.

But thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Well, they're not in South Georgia, but Advanced Bullets in Temple used to cast very good bullets. They quit covering gun shows in Alabama so I found other sources. They do not now list bulk bullets on their www site but it is worth a call or e-mail. I'd pay the freight on some to try and if they suited, make a trip up and haul back a carload.
http://www.advancedbullets.com/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Georgia Arms is out of Villa Rica, GA which is just west of Atlanta off of I20. They sell bulk bullets and all kinds of reloaded ammo. Give them a call at 800-624-6861 and request their catalog. There's a listing in their catalog of all the gun shows they go to and the dates they'll be there. They even come to the shows in NC, VA, and TN. Last weekend they were at the gun show in Raleigh, NC. I gave them a call about 3 weeks ago and gave them my order for 4000 lead bullets and I picked up the order at the gun show. Real easy and you save a ton of money not having to pay for shipping. At the gun shows they mainly bring reloaded ammo so you need to call and place your order for any type of lead or FMJ bullets. Their site is www.georgia-arms.com.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bulk Lead Bullets

Try calling Appollo Bullet Corp. at 864-836-7256. He is in SC but travels to gun shows. I buy 200 gr. lswc at $25.00 per K. No shipping since I pick up at the local show.
Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info

1SG82ABN
I've checked out Georgia Arms web site before but they don't list and bullets. I will try calling them. Thanks

paul788
Appollo Bullet Corp. have really low prices, how is the quality?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I e-mailed Georgia Arms and was quoted a price of $9 per 300 of their lead SWC 200 gr bullets, as an example.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quality

Quality is comparable with the price. As my dad pointed out to me "its a bullet. You're throwing it away. How perfect does it have to be?"
The weight can vary up to 204 gr from a nominal 200. If I were shooting Bullseye I'd weigh and sort before loading. As I shoot USPSA and indoor matches at 25 yds or less the bullets work very well. Using Titegroup and Winchester primers and range brass my cost is $3.25 per 50.

Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
Likestoshoot

When you call Georgia Arms, ask them for their catalog. It'll list all the bullets and everything else they sell and the different gun shows they go to. Their lead bullets seem to be good quality. I recently loaded some of the 180 grain 40 cal that I bought from them and they shot good. No flyers, all shot to point of aim at 12 yards using 4.3 grains of Bullseye.
I use to load D&J Bullets and Valiant Bullets but they quit coming to the local gun shows.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just checked out the site for bear creek bullets. Their cost for 500, 200 gr LSWC is $28.50. That includes shipping if you order $70 or more. Cost for Georgia Arms is $27 for 900 bullets. Big difference in price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bear Creek

I checked out Bear creek also and thought is was high on the price. The difference in price will cover shipping from other dealers. I will be calling Georgia arms for more information. Thanks to all for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts