1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems all the ones available online are the screw in inglis style. Any ideas? My gun feel so incomplete and I'm looking to sell it but want it to complete it first!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried ordering this months ago and it never arrived so I got a refund. Also it isn't period correct to my piece I don't think. My piece needs the keychain ring, but I suppose that's just nit picking. I could always find a keychain ring elsewhere, but that would mean cutting off that loop......

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Actually...WADR, that IS the correct original lanyard stud/ring for an early FN MkIII BHP such as your '89.

Ought to look like this MkIII:

The split "keychain" ring...as factory original, came "later"...though it can be found as an armorer replacement on many surplus BHPs of any vintage.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'll be damned! Thanks for this information. Damn that matte black looks so much better than my epoxy finish :(

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Early MkIIIs were finished primarily like the later MkIIs, either black matte phosphate or phosphate with a thinly applied black paint overcoat...others received a better grade of paint similar to the current "Epoxy".

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok I ordered the lanyard ring. I hope it arrives this time!

Mine's an 89 and pretty glossy. How early are we talking here? Like the first month of production or something like that?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Oh no, '89 was very much a "transitional" year. Several Models as well as Models with mixed features eg. both "Classic and "MkII/MkIII" i.e. finish, sights, safeties, feedramp, FPS, etc. in a single Model abound.

You'll find the last of the MkII phosphate and the MkII matte paint over phosphate, the polished blue Vigilante ("Bump 'n Hump" and dovetailed MkIII sights), the polished blue Sport (original soldered ramp and the first MkIII "sharkfin" dovetail front sights), the phosphate MkIII, the matte paint over phosphate MkIII, the semi-gloss Epoxy MkIII, even...the first of the MkIII featured Silver Chrome Models...the Practical Model didn't appear until '90 :rolleyes:.

I've got a total of seven '89s and they pretty much run the gamut...including a full MkIII feature plain phosphate "2864" where the original black cardboard box doesn't even mention "MkIII", as well as a full feature MkIII semi-gloss Epoxy like yours...even one of the Browning over FN slide legend MkIIIs, which is Epoxy over phosphate :rolleyes:.

Just another example of FN doing "whatever they wanted, however they wanted and whenever they wanted" with no regard what-so-ever to fools who must find order...where there is little :rolleyes:;):D.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts