1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New member to the forums! I wanted to ask where I should look for a good deal on a VBOB black. Because everywhere I've looked they seem to be pushing 1700+ but I see people that have gotten them for around 1400. I want to make it my EDC but I'm having trouble finding one that fits my budget. Also did they stop making them FN or is the best thing im going to find is a used one from a owner who cares?

Thanks everyone,

Usmc1833

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
You can find a stainless for 1480.00-1525. But the black Duty treat are 1700.00 on a deal.. Buds has good prices. But you will not find a new VBob duty treat for 1400.00.
Now if you want a black Guardian in 9mm or 45 you can get that in black for under 1400.00 and you may be confusing that with a Vbob.
The VBOB is all steel, the guardian has an alloy frame

·
Registered
586 Posts
You will not find a new black V-Bob for $1400, I don't think you will be able to find a SS V-Bob for $1400.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yep.
If you find a new DT VBob for less than $1700 you should jump on it.
But a Guardian will cost $1350-$1400ish depending on Caliber.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Severns

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You can find a stainless for 1480.00-1525. But the black Duty treat are 1700.00 on a deal.. Buds has good prices. But you will not find a new VBob duty treat for 1400.00.
Now if you want a black Guardian in 9mm or 45 you can get that in black for under 1400.00 and you may be confusing that with a Vbob.
The VBOB is all steel, the guardian has an alloy frame
Thanks for the responses!!!

Now is the guardian as good as a gun for a EDC? I've heard the VBOB is very good so how does it compare?

·
Registered
796 Posts
The guardian is lighter than the vbob.I carry my vbob somtimes but most of the time I carry my cco which has a aluminum frame and makes a big difference in carrying for me. Some folks don't mind the weight of the vbob and it is a good carry gun.I don't have a guardian but I imagine it would be close in weight to the cco.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello,

New member to the forums! I wanted to ask where I should look for a good deal on a VBOB black. Because everywhere I've looked they seem to be pushing 1700+ but I see people that have gotten them for around 1400. I want to make it my EDC but I'm having trouble finding one that fits my budget. Also did they stop making them FN or is the best thing im going to find is a used one from a owner who cares?

Thanks everyone,

Usmc1833
Bud's usually has pretty good prices, but check Gunbroker too. I recently bought a PM9. Bud's price fluctuated between $1345 and $1479 and back in the course of a week. I was able to get one on gun broker for $1349.

If you PM me, I'll send yo the guy's email. He was great to deal with and had an impeccable rating.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Bud's usually has pretty good prices, but check Gunbroker too. I recently bought a PM9. Bud's price fluctuated between $1345 and $1479 and back in the course of a week. I was able to get one on gun broker for $1349.

If you PM me, I'll send yo the guy's email. He was great to deal with and had an impeccable rating.
Go fo it!
I just made an offer on a .45 Guardian of $1320 on Buds and it was accepted. Yesterday the price was at $1389!
It will be my second Guardian, 1st one is in 38 Super. They are fantastic LW guns!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go fo it!
I just made an offer on a .45 Guardian of $1320 on Buds and it was accepted. Yesterday the price was at $1389!
It will be my second Guardian, 1st one is in 38 Super. They are fantastic LW guns!
So you EDC the guardian? How does the alloy frame hold up to the wear and tear of a EDC? How long have you carried them? Do they have any wear on the finish?

·
Registered
48 Posts
So you EDC the guardian? How does the alloy frame hold up to the wear and tear of a EDC? How long have you carried them? Do they have any wear on the finish?
I just recently purchased my Guardian but it is soon to be in my EDC rotation. I carried on the job for 35 years. Started with revolvers and ended up with a GLOCK. I now choose a Guardian. Can't answer your wear questions other than to say from what I have read the Duty Treat finish is as good as any. I look forward to testing it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
A master gunsmith checks out your potential purchase and ensures it is a top shelf, well put together, perfectly finished functional pistol. He will also do any mods (TS blended, magwell etc) you want before he ships it also saving you $$.

What's not to love? Prices are good too.

Dave is the man.

·
Registered
867 Posts
SIG P220's have no trouble with it--why would a Guardian have trouble?

The real issue is longevity over round count.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Haven't put it into my rotation but after breakin I plan to.
But I have carried my VBob and it still looks brand new.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have edc carried my guardian for 2 years and have thousands down the tube and it still looks like new with very little wear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts