1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my SA 1911 GI, I'm shooting if for the first time tommorow but already want to personalize it. Where are some good places to find quality drop in parts? I would like to replace the beaver tail, trigger and recoil spring cap.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Brownells or midway

·
Registered
895 Posts
The more trigger time you get the more educated decisions you'll be able to make when you decide to personalize it to your needs/wants.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ammo and good quality mags first! Shoot the gun first and worry about the cosmetic later.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shoot it for a while before you make any decisions. What you might think you want now may not be the case after you spend some time with it. Good luck and congrats! Now, get to shootin' :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
In addition to the above large parts retailers, I would also check our BerryHill Custom. Dave Berryhill is a member of this forum, and is an outstanding source of good quality, reasonably priced parts. Plus, if you want input on what parts you really NEED, Dave will actually talk to you. More than once, he has given me great input on a 1911 decision, and so anymore, if I can find a part that I need on Dave's site, I tend to buy it there first. If Dave doesn't have it, then I go to Brownells or wherever else.

Note: I have no involvement or financial interest in Dave's site or his business, just a satisfied customer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts